1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another DIS Warning symbol - help

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by pav-g, Feb 21, 2007.

1. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Hi Guys on way to work this morning the DIS bleeped and a symbol came on - yellow round circle with a semi circle on each side and then when I put foot on gas another symbol came on which said MPG in a circle with a number 1 on left - any suggestions as I have not got my manual with me.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. petewon

petewon Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    By the sonds of it you have set your speed warning limit. Were you pressing any buttons whilst driving just before it happend by any chance?

If it is that I think you have to hold the check button whilst driving to reset it (I think, dont have my manual here too).
  4. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Thanks for that any clues on the other symbol - yellow round circle with a semi circle on each side - rang dealers and will be taking it up there at 1, but if I dont need to I'll cancel

Doing school run in morning my hands are usually everywhere, I do recall pressing the check button to see why the yellow circle came on and might have triggered what your saying
  5. petewon

petewon Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Hi Pav, not sure what the other symbol is I reckon its also to do with the speed setting. I did the same thing when I first got my A4 and Im sure I got two symbols too.

Try resetting it and see if it does it again. I think to reset it you need to drive and hold down the check button, when its reset I think you should see the same symbol with a line through it.

Pete. :)
  6. petewon

petewon Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Did the warning look like this Pav? If so I think it should have reset itself after you turned the car off.

[​IMG]

If it was this this one with the 2 on it, it needs to be reset manual.

[​IMG]

Then again it may have been neither of them :)
  7. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Yep thats the one, I'll do what you say in a bit, sneak out of work and see if it works - hope it does. the other symbol looks like this (O) in yellow
  8. petewon

petewon Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    If its got the 1 on it Pav it should have reset itself when you turned the ignition off. If it has the 2 on it its the permanent one and needs reset manualy.
  9. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Feb 21, 2007]
    the circle with semi-circles on the outside is brake warning light, you are either low on brake fluid or your front pads are due to be replace
  10. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Thanks guys I'll pop the bonnet in a bit and check the brake fluid etc, yeah the othe mpg sign was the one with the no 1 on not the two. If it hasnt reset when I start car I'll do it manually by holding down the check botton as instructed. Id better cancel apt at the dealers...
  11. VTEC_Killer

VTEC_Killer Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Hi Pav - the yellow warning is your front low brake pad sensor as mentioned by 1210tech

When mine came on I did about 1k miles and then had them changed (the inner pads was almost to the metal) so I suggest get them changed within another 1k of driving!

Dealers will want £60 - I bought my genuine pads from Ebay for £30 all in - I'll let you know the seller if you want (he sells them regularly)

Sheraz
  12. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Thanks Sheraz, yeah I'd appreciate it. Will the light stay on until I get them changed as that can be annoying, also will I have to replace the break sensors aswell.

pav
  13. VTEC_Killer

VTEC_Killer Member

[Feb 21, 2007]
    Yes - everytime you start your car the sensor warning will bleep up and stay on (it is annoying at first but you soon get used to it :wacko: )

The sensor relay are on the pads so you don't need to replace them - when you get them changed; the DIS sign will go off! :icon_thumright: