1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Coilpack replacement thread :)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by slydog18, Apr 9, 2012.

1. slydog18

slydog18 Member

I was in West London Audi last week looking for some parts and just happened to mention that my car may be up for a recall on coilpacks to a service rep on the way out. He jumped on the PC for me and presently printed out the shhet with the recall number on it, gave me a card to ring someone and book it in. Will see if I can get it done this Friday.

The only thing is that I have a receipt somewhere for some coilpacks that the previous owner had fitted. Apparently they will refund the money but not sure if I can get away with it as new owner, if I dont tell them they may check the last owner change.

I replaced my plugs today and the coilpack numbers on the car presently are:- 06A 905 115 D

Does anyone know if these need replacing or are they the new style already?
    scotty_24 likes this.
  2. kennymeechan

kennymeechan Member

Is that your s3. A 2002 model due a recall?

How far back do they recall?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. kennymeechan

kennymeechan Member

edit - not mine :(
  4. slydog18

slydog18 Member

Just letting you know that I did not take my car to West London. Found out that the coilpacks ending in 'D' are the current revision and fitted to my car already. Still managed to wangle a full set but don't want to go into detail :whistle2:
  5. JA50N

JA50N Member

Cool
    I have been to get some oil today and mentoned to service desk and they have mine booked in a week friday so see how I go on then.