Another clutch pedal bites the dust....

jonny87

Reaction score
.....as the title says my clutch pedal gave up the ghost on the way home tonight, ive read through alot of posts on here and it seems fairly common

ive found the little metal tab that seems to be the weak point of the pedal and the big plastic plate thingy, but no white plastic clip, yet!!

im hoping to god its not my slave cylinder gone, is there anyway of telling if its the slave without taking the pedal off first?

gonna get myself up to audi tomorrow morning and get the parts, try and get it fixed before i go to work, can someone please confirm the parts and numbers that il need

also beofre the pedal went i noticed it was over revving on gear changes, read up on this too and am i right in thinking its going to be the clutch switch thats either knackered or needs resetting?

im thinking its going to be easier to get the pedal sorted then see if it still over revs and go from there?

any help much appreciated
o btw its a 2000 reg s3

This happened to me on my old A3, the weld broke on the pedal allowing the bar it normally pushing against to compress the clutch to pass through the hole in the pedal.

I fixed this by taking the clutch pedal off (easy job) and getting a mate to weld the small metal tab back on.

all fixed now, got pedal and little plastic stop for £25, fitted it myself which as everyone else said was a total **** of a job, but saved me £80+ for a garage to do it so im a happy bunny again

got my mate to beef up the welds on the new pedal so shouldnt happen again, least not while i own it :)