Another cam chain post!

Robert Williams

Reaction score
Yes this is another post about noisy cam chain but with a difference!

So i'm getting the tensioner replaced along with the chain at a main stealers in Germany. They have told me that the pulley on the end of the exhaust cam also needs replacing. Is this them just covering there **** or is it usually replaced along with the other bits. The pulley is the most expensive part!

Any other info or advice is welcome :)

Thanks

I have always changed the chain and pulleys/sprocket together on other cars. They are really a matched pair that wear equally and need to be done together. The end result is the system will be silent in operation and will overall max the mileage of the engine before another chain or pulley/sprocket need to be renewed.

Reactions: Robert Williams
Yes this is another post about noisy cam chain but with a difference!

So i'm getting the tensioner replaced along with the chain at a main stealers in Germany. They have told me that the pulley on the end of the exhaust cam also needs replacing. Is this them just covering there **** or is it usually replaced along with the other bits. The pulley is the most expensive part!

Any other info or advice is welcome :)

Thanks
i had my cam chain done and same thing was told to me about my vvt exhaust cam i bought one secound hand and my old 1 had it days it was *** but if you buy new then buy the repair kit, you get the whole kit same price as the pulley its a audi tps price glitch

give audi or tps your reg an ask them for this part number 06f198088 repair kit pulley and cam shaft cover

i had my cam chain done and same thing was told to me about my vvt exhaust cam i bought one secound hand and my old 1 had it days it was *** but if you buy new then buy the repair kit, you get the whole kit same price as the pulley its a audi tps price glitch

give audi or tps your reg an ask them for this part number 06f198088 repair kit pulley and cam shaft cover

Ive had it done now. The noise i'm hearing still hasn't gone. So it got to be something other than the cam chain etc. Only does it when warm and not under load e.g when cruising around town about 30-40mph.