Another aerial problem!!

Robin Chandler

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I retrofitted a concert 2+ double din into my 05 A3 today and have a few questions if you would't mind answering!

Firstly, the radio reception is rubbish! I have looked through countless posts but I'm still a bit confused! the radio i took out had 1 Fakra and 1 normal aerial connection. I got an adapter lead that changed from the normal to the Fakra as the new radio has 2 Fakra connections! What else do i need to do? The radio reception is fine if engine isn't running but as soon as i turn the engine on but after about 5 seconds it just disappears!

The old unit also had iso connectors so I fleebayed myself a quadlock wiring loom that was wired wrong and wouldn't turn the radio on! sorted that but i had no rear speakers then! Ended up taking the + from the iso and connecting it to the quadlock radio + UB CDC. I don't know if that is correct? This now works the rear speakers but I'm 1, getting interference from the engine, and 2, when the radio turns on and off the speakers make a big boom noise like there shorting out for a millisecond! I'm a bit worried i might damage the speakers.

Many thanks in advance,

Robin

Just found out that i have taken the wrong feed to wire the rear speakers/amp. I should have connected it to the DSP EIN pin!! hopefully that sorts the interference and banging noise!

All sorted now, Banging noise through the speakers was incorrectly wired output to the rear sub/speakers and the aerial problem was sorted with Autoleads Audi aerial adaptor PC5-52. Happy now :)