Another A4... whoops!

Pops848

Reaction score
So I'm supposed to be buying a newer car, but this A4 came along and was too much of a good deal.

Needs new control arms and ARB c links (any recommendations on cheapest place to get them? A 14 year old car doesn't need Audi genuine parts I feel!)

I'm also sorting the clutch, thinking of going SMF but waiting to hear how Callum's experience is after today!

Again, any recommendations for parts I'm
Interested to know, £7 on eBay or £20 at ecp seems a bit ott on price difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Engine have you gone for? SMF are OK in petrols but not that good in diesels from what I've heard. As for parts I wouldn't go for cheap eBay parts as they don't last long, I think it was All German parts that someone recommended to me.

What Engine have you gone for? SMF are OK in petrols but not that good in diesels from what I've heard. As for parts I wouldn't go for cheap eBay parts as they don't last long, I think it was All German parts that someone recommended to me.

2.0 fsi so should be ok

All German parts are spot on for the control arm set, will be in the region of £450 for all if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Pops848
Any mechanical parts, that are labour intensive to replace, I would only go with genuine Audi.

Body panels, bumpers I would also go with genuine Audi.

Exceptions to my rule are suspension and exhaust.

Any mechanical parts, that are labour intensive to replace, I would only go with genuine Audi.

Body panels, bumpers I would also go with genuine Audi.

Exceptions to my rule are suspension and exhaust.

I can understand the principal, i.e. Cost of labour high so use good quality parts but when we know that Audi use LUK clutches, why not buy a LUK clutch that doesn't have 4 rings on the box and save some £££ ?

Luckily I have a mechanic friend so labour intensive doesn't always mean high cost in labour, it saves me a fair amount bills to be fair

I've never had an issue with Luk clutches. As for suspension parts ECP for Lemforder (OEM) 30% discount promotion most weekends too. Dont get the cheap Q Drive stuff it doesn't last.

Reactions: Pops848