1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another a3 8P "which iso adapter" question

clown Dec 29, 2013

1. clown

clown New Member

Hi,

I know this question has probably been asked about 27 million times but I've found conflicting answers on this forum.

My car: 2004 Audi A3 2.0TDI (8P)
    OEM radio: single DIN non-Bose
    OEM connectors: ISO (the middle ISO connector contains 4 wires) This verifies half amplified system...correct?

I just purchased an aftermarket HU (Sony DAB-700U) that has 3 sets of pre-outs.

My questions are:

(1) If I use the Connects2 ISO adapter, like this: Connects2 CT20AU10 - ISO Harness for Audi A3/A4/A6/A8

Does it provide an ignition switched live?

Does the Autoleads ISO adapter, like this: Autoleads PC9-404 Audi Harness Adaptor (RCA, non-BOSE) �7.99 including VAT. PC9404. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express

provide an ignition switched live?

I've read several threads on this forum that state with the Connects2 adapters, it's completely plug n play and the Autoleads are not...like here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-aftermarket-stereo-fitting-new-addition.html

(2) Does anyone have experience using DAB/normal antenna splitters that use your car's existing antenna for both? Is the reception any good or a waste of time?

Thanks for any help.

This is an awesome forum with a boatload of good information.