Annoying window

miw615

Reaction score
Audi script2

I keep getting this window popping up - it makes the use of the forum sooooo slow - how do I stop it

PS

It doesn't pop up on my lap top!

Cheers

Malcolm

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.

Do one of the following:

To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.

To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker.

Thanks for input - but I still get the same pop up message - strange thing is I don't get it on any other web sites

Any other tips?

Any idea what the script is running in the background - presumably something to do with this forum??!!

Cheers

Malcolm

Last edited:
Click the tools tab>internet options (bottom) then advanced and tick that that says Disable notifications on script error and press okay at the bottom.
That should stop it....fingers crossed

Click the tools tab>internet options (bottom) then advanced and tick that that says Disable notifications on script error and press okay at the bottom.
That should stop it....fingers crossed

Thanks very muchfor your help - but the box was already ticked :jump:

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Malcolm

Many browsers now monitor the run time of javascript and when they see a script with a prolonged run time, they pop up the message that you are seeing. The problem could be in a number of places; it could be an interaction issue between javascript and a browser extension (the same browser on a different machine might not be running with the same add-ons, extensions, virus scanners, etc.) or network config or whatever.

Try this..

Go to the start menu and select Run... Start -> Run
Enter this: iexplore -extoff

This should run internet explorer without any add ons or extensions. See if the problem still occurs.

You can also try downloading Google Chrome and using the developer tools to view the load & run times to narrow down the offending script, assuming of course that you know what I'm babbling on about :)

Many browsers now monitor the run time of javascript and when they see a script with a prolonged run time, they pop up the message that you are seeing. The problem could be in a number of places; it could be an interaction issue between javascript and a browser extension (the same browser on a different machine might not be running with the same add-ons, extensions, virus scanners, etc.) or network config or whatever.

Try this..

This should run internet explorer without any add ons or extensions. See if the problem still occurs.

You can also try downloading Google Chrome and using the developer tools to view the load & run times to narrow down the offending script, assuming of course that you know what I'm babbling on about :)

Cheers Jimmo - will give it a try and report back

Malcolm

Looking at the bottom line of your screen it might be the google Adsense thats being called. Have you tried updating your IE to a later version.. Thinking about it, it might also just be the google servers being slow..

Let me know what else you find.

A

Thanks for input - will let you know

Malcolm

Try this..

FIXED -

Many thanks to all for advise

Malcolm