1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Seat Belt Rattle in S3

beanoir Mar 17, 2010

1. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

I have an annoying rattle coming from the seat belt socket/holder whatever it's called, with the seat belt plugged in when i'm driving along, the car has only done 2k miles and its clearly lose enough to produce a really annoying rattle.

Does anybody else have this?

2. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Can't say I have mate to be honest. The bolster on my passenger seat squeaks when my skinny-arse girl friend is sat there though!

3. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

I had this on my last car (a Mk4 Golf GTI 25th Anniversary) and the only cure I found was to wrap a bit of insulating tape around the metal clasp so it didn't rattle when in the socket/holder (I don't know what it's called either lol)

4. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

That really is begging for a witty retort Staz! I'm holding back but it's difficult!

5. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

That might be the solution, I had to do that once before....in a Metro! I can't bear to have to stoop to the same level for this car! But if nothing else comes along in terms of a solution then I might have to.

6. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

I know what you mean - it's a pants solution, but better than the annoying rattle. TBH after a short while I didn't even notice the tape anymore.

The Golf had another rattle i never resolved however, which was the door pin vibrating against the plastic it sat in - very annoying and couldn't work out a cure for that one. Luckily the S3 has no door pins.

7. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

:shutup2: