1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying pointless replies to threads - why?

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by ImS3ola, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[Jun 5, 2005]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I was just wondering if i'm the only that finds all the pointless replies to posts bloody annoying. I'm constantly clicking on threads that have like 10 replies since I last read them and what am I confronted with.......? A couple of replies that just have smilies, a few one word answers - all complete drivel and nothing to do with the topic at hand. If people want to have silly little conversations with one another, why not do it over a messenging service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't expect the forum to be full of factual topics and no light hearted banter, but for some reason AS.net seems to be much worse than other forums that I visit when it comes all the stupid whoring.

Rant over

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Jun 5, 2005]
    Well said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 7, 2005]
    You think AS is bad have you had a look at the AudiWorld chat room, all they talk about is the weather and snow tyres.
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 9, 2005]
    Its rather annoying to find a decent thread with about 10 replies and when you go to read them, you realise is 10 posts of pointless, annoying drivel. alot of the time, i just cant be arsed to read the threads anymore. If people could keep it out of the main forums and keep their **** postings to the 'General Chat' (Maybe there should be a 'General ****' forum!!) then it would solve 90% of the problem. Take the DV thread in 'TUNING'... Had to be moderated because a few were spoiling it.

Rich
  6. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

[Jun 9, 2005]
    It will always happen with forums, and no matter what you do there'll always be someone who complains about being moderated!