1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying dots of tree sap!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tally2425, Aug 19, 2013.

1. tally2425

tally2425 Member

[Aug 19, 2013]
    Basically i park my car under trees can't avoid this (all my road is covered with trees) and i get little dots of tree sap all over my car and was wondering what's the best product to prevent it from sticking (if there's such thing) it's rather annoying when you clean the car and 2 hours later you can see the dots again!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

[Aug 19, 2013]
    I hate that stuff! It's not actually tree sap it's something called honeydew which is basically insect secretions :what:

The only way to make it easy to remove is keep the car clean with a couple of layers of a decent wax or sealant. I find with this, a bit of quick detailer and a microfibre gets it off. Still a pain in the proverbial though, Best bet is try to park somewhere else, although I appreciate this may not be possible. You could take heart in the fact is not all year round.
  4. _Zerocool_

_Zerocool_ Active Member

[Aug 19, 2013]
    I'd get a car cover...
  5. Grahamb

Grahamb Member

[Aug 19, 2013]
    ^best call here, nature will all ways win
  6. mateoosh

mateoosh New Member

[Aug 20, 2013]
    had the same problem, on my LZ9Y (Phantom Black, pearl effect) and after several hours of work managed to remove it. I used a Meguiars Clay and Meguiars quick Detailer. After that Ultimate Polish + Ultimate Wax and problem is gone.

Time taken : 7 hours
    Ressources: 4 x 0.5 l beer