ANNOYING BEEPS!!

• Thread starter imported_AudiAuto
  • Start date
I

imported_AudiAuto

when i turn my car on sometimes, i get 3 beeps. the beeps sound exactly the same as the beep u get when u have low petrol, but it beeps 3 times. it only happens sometimes. when it happens, sometimes the abs lights dont go off, and the electrics dont work. if that happens, all i do is turn the car off and turn it on again and its fine. its as if some sort of electrical check has failed when i turn the car on, hence the beeps and the all the lights not going off. but, sometimes these beeps happen even when everything is fine. its a A3, 1.6 auto. 1997

its either the backup alarm siren going flat as they hve an internal battery and need maintanance(replacement)
or
you have a fault in the ecu and it needs checking out

I agree with you there foolish3uk, sounds like the warning beeps you get with a fault like if your brake pads are low.

The beeps should be accompanied with the display showing what area its relating to. Just as the beep tone sounds and shows the petrol indicator when low on fuel

yeah, its the base model so i dont have the info display.
as u said, when the petrol beep comes on the petrol light comes on as well. when these beeps happen, the abs light, sometimes the airbag light dont go out. but first of all these beeps dont happen all the time, and also sometimes the beeps happen but tall the lights still go off fine, so showing everything is working fine.

As foolish3uk said, its prob the internal battery in the alarm. I've heard of this before. Go get it checked out.

Cheers
Rich.

is this battery easy 2 replace? also, maybe being thick but what does this battery actually do? becuase my alarm seems 2 be working fine...

the battery is built in to the sien will need a new siren, but without checking it properly i cant tell you if thet is your actuall problem,

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
is this battery easy 2 replace? also, maybe being thick but what does this battery actually do? becuase my alarm seems 2 be working fine...

[/ QUOTE ]

The backup battery is used to sound the siren if the wires are cut to the cars power supply i.e car battery.

So if the theives disconnect the battery, the backup battery will sound the siren for an amount of time.

Rich.

ok thanks 4 all the info, ill look into the alarm see if thats the problem.

If the ABS light doesn't go out then I'd say it's not the siren at fault and would start by checking your brake lights to see if they work 100% of the time. I would be inclined to get the car checked using diagnostic equipment (Bosch or VAG-Com) to see what's going on with the brake system, because in some instances if the ABS light is on the ABS is disabled for safety.

yeah mine bleeps 3 times once every so often over the last 3-4 months. have only just worked out its the alarm and not my stereo coming through the rear speakers.
where is the siren?

[ QUOTE ]
robsterA3 said:
yeah mine bleeps 3 times once every so often over the last 3-4 months. have only just worked out its the alarm and not my stereo coming through the rear speakers.
where is the siren?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its under the rear bumper on the passenger side. This is where mine beeps from when I lock my car anyhow.

cheers dickys3 will have a look when get a mo. car under warranty so should be covered