1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Battery Drain

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sterlacchini, Jan 16, 2009.

1. sterlacchini

sterlacchini New Member

Hello,
    hopefully this will sound familiar.

I have an 2001 Audi A3 1.8. with no modifications. The battery has started to go flat.

New battery and everything has been tested, alternator okay, no drains when on or off, with or without alarm on. And the electrician could not find any problem.

It has got the dreaded 4 beeps coming from the boot. Could the siren battery cause a drain on the main battery?

The electrician, is very familiar with Audi, but he didn't make a connection.

Also, one time I remember sitting in the car with everything off and hearing something from the boot, which sounded like the CD changer trying to engage. I didn't make a connection at the time because the car was working fine?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
  2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

My S3 has just been draining the battery, but this ended up being a duff battery (only just over 12 months old) was ok if I ran the car but often its stood for 2 weeks and then even the indicators wouldn`t light
  3. bl_1969

bl_1969 Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!

Check the cigarette lighter! If you have one that is.

It does not need to be pressed in all they way to drain.... just a little, enough to make a small contact..... looks like it is not pressed in but it is.... hey presto, DEAD.

Happened to me.

Maybe thats it?