1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AndyParker '57 Dolphin Grey S3 8P2 Thread

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AndyParker, Nov 17, 2012.

1. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

So after a few weeks of ownership i took a drive up to Brecon today and finally got around to taking a few photos!

Excellent spec as far as i was concerned - probably helped that it was an audi demonstrater originally. Only thing missing is cruise control but know this can be relatively easily dealt with

Thus far i've been really impressed with how the car performs but i'm sure it won't be too long until the modding begins. It's completely standard at the moment but got my thoughts on doing quite a few bits to the car and over the next few weeks i should have a few updates!

Thanks all for looking and thanks all to everyone that's helped me out so far with my various questions!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    poli84 and Brodster like this.
  2. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Andy car looks lovely mate :wub: Will keep an eye out for you, but hopefully have a good look around when i see you. Sorry not text back battery died. Great spec as well :happy: Hmmm buckets & flat bottom :wub: :wub:
  3. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

Thanks fella - wheels, suspension and grille will make all the difference I think!

Got to have the buckets :wub: - it was the one thing I was really holding out for the whole time I was looking. Was thinking about wrapping the grey plastic bits you can see on each side to either contrast or blend in with the gloss black backs

Cant wait to have a nose around yours as well mate :)
  4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

​Car is looking really good Andy. Be interesting to see what mods you are going to do. :) x
  5. Mr. B

Mr. B English...not so good

Very nice, add MY11 rear lights to that list. Picture 3 and 4 make your sideskirts look as if they are fake...? Looks a bit like the RS3 ones.
  6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Yeah they will make a huge difference! Will look like a completely different car. Dont blame you mate the buckets are something special :wub: And go for strong money second hand. The B pillars? Yeah a few members have had theirs wrapped or sprayed looks much better. Had mine sprayed Gloss Black. Haha well hopefully you will see it before it gets stripped completely back to standard :thumbsup:
  7. Morells

Morells Member

Lovely car mate seems like there are a few S3's in Wales now I'm not far from Brecon we should all meet up some time :)
  8. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

Thanks Sandra - looking forward to getting the mods going - my bank account is less looking forward to it!

Thanks mate - got some MY11's lined up now courtesy of Ash - what makes you say that about the skirts? Not sure if its just the way the light is catching the dolphin grey

No mate ;) - I meant the backs of the seats - part is gloss black but then part is matte black plastic which I think looks a bit odd could contrast or blend in the matt black bits

Thanks for the comments - definitely up for a meet - my parents are up in Leominster so often up your way on the way through from Cardiff
  9. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Nice car and nice pictures......if you need any help with the mods,just ask and I'll be happy to help you spend some money!
  10. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

Thanks Alex :) not sure I need any more help on the spending front!! But will be sure to shout on the mods:icon_thumright:
  11. Baffles

Baffles Member

Nice pics, great back drop!
  12. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Anytime...this place was a great help when I started throwing money at my car,so it's only fair I help others to do the same!
  13. Morells

Morells Member

Can I make one suggestion about the wheels I think the facelift S3 wheels gives it bait of a lift (I.e. makes it look more up to date if that makes sense) as the current ones in my opinion look horrid and do nothing for the car. But feel free to tell me off. Here's a pic of my last s3 with original wheels and then the facelift wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Grey with buckets... nice.
  15. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

i wouldn't disagree!

Actively on the hunt for some wheels at the moment - going to stay OEM but looking for something a bit unusual which is easier said that done.

Got the option to buy these Aston wheels but I'm not 100% on them. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/173282-photoshop-please.html

N8's old 20" rotors are currently for sale as well....
  16. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

Even as an Englishman in Wales it's not bad living in the centre of town but having all that 30mins from your doorstep!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  17. Marshallman

Marshallman New Member

I'll second that, just 10 miles from the "Evo triangle" here in North Wales:racer:
    Very often HAVE to go and get some fuel in the early evening ;)!!
  18. timmythechef

timmythechef Starin' Through My Rear View

Nice car andy.

My S6 V10 wheels are for sale, and my cars dolphin grey so can see how they would suit. Local too.
  19. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

CKs, CHs or MTM Bimotos, Optics grill, Stage 1...:icon_thumright: