1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AndyMac Sub Upgrade

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by coajt, Feb 25, 2005.

1. coajt

coajt Member

[Feb 25, 2005]
    Hi Guys

If any of you are currently thinking about purchasing the AndyMac Sub, don't hesitate, go for it.

I had one installed yesterday by Andy (despite artic conditions) and the quality of both build and bass is excellent. Its amazing how much bass the little thing kicks out.

Andy's also a star, with more patience than a saint.

I decided to ditch the BOSE system and install the notorious AndyMac Sub along with Infinity Kappas in the front, both running off an Alpine amp.

My HU is an alpine 9835 and although the system sounds good (but not yet great), has anybody mastered the I-Personalise settings? If you've got any settings that you're happy with, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Cheers

Adam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Feb 27, 2005]
    Hi Adam,

Good to hear the Sub upgrade is going well!

Just wanted to ask you a quick question about your infinity Kappas. How easy was it to install them in your A3? Do you have the model 8P A3? How good do they sound? Do they handle high volumes well? Did you need a speaker adapter to place the speaker in the door? If so where did you get it?

Thanks in advance!!!
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hi Adam,

Good to hear the Sub upgrade is going well!

Just wanted to ask you a quick question about your infinity Kappas. How easy was it to install them in your A3? Do you have the model 8P A3? How good do they sound? Do they handle high volumes well? Did you need a speaker adapter to place the speaker in the door? If so where did you get it?

Thanks in advance!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kappas are easy to fit (with the correct adaptors) but I'd say they do not handle bass well at all - that said what 13cm cone does?? Drop the bass from them and they're great, ask them to do a lot of low down stuff and they distort quite soon.

Adam