1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andymac sub enclosure

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by ImS3ola, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

Well i've finally got round to installing andys enclosure and I just want to say how impressed I am. The quality of construction of the enclosure is very high - i'm sure if you went to an ICE shop and asked them to build something similar it's cost 3x the price.

I'm running the sub with a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300.2 amp with the gain set to about half and the little thing pumps out some serious bass for its size - i was slightly concerned about a 6.5" sub in a very small sealed enclosure, but it does seem to defy its size - bass is punchy but it also does the low stuff much better than you'd think.

I'd say it's the best upgrade you could make to a standard system - i'm still running standard speakers and symphony head unit. I was going to change the speakers asap and run them off a 4ch amp, but now i can put that off and put the money towards something else (remap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

P.S. My hands are well and truly cut to pieces - those audi panels are fitted so bloody tightly

P.P.S. Andy, what do you find is the best setting for the LP crossover - it's set to about 110 now but i'm not sure if I should go lower due to the size of the sub?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

post whore...haha

4. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

[ QUOTE ]
    post whore...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me?

Never........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I accidentally posted in the Trading forum and couldn't delete the post cos the mods are vetting all post beforehand. They must've moved it here when they saw it.

5. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

OK then, ill let you off since you have been given the green light to whore by admin!