Andy Murray Oz Open 2013

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Come on Murray, finally looking like the champion we all knew you could be, this is your chance, good luck :)

Wasn't meant to be. Maybe if he had won the 2nd set from those three set points, he may have had a chance, but Djokovic is not number one for nothing!

Wasn't meant to be. Maybe if he had won the 2nd set from those three set points, he may have had a chance, but Djokovic is not number one for nothing!

I was shocked tbh that he lost the 2nd set at all, he was up by a huge advantage & then that was it, out of it for whatever strange reason yet again.

In reference to Nole, lets be honest before he got to number 1 he was puking at tournaments, playing badly on big matches, well below par imho, but there are also external sources that have propelled him to number 1, eg. Nadal out of action because of his knees for getting on for almost a year, Federer has lost confidence a bit & is 31 with 2 young kids now, Murray just can not finish what he started, ok Olympics & US, but he has flumped at a fair few simple hurdles against players he has killed as such on the courts.

Dont get me wrong, Nole is a very good player, but he does not have the finesse of federer, the heart of nadal & also adds a touch of arrogance to his game which people really dont like in him at all, which also makes sponsors think twice, this is why the likes of Federer is still the number one sports guy they goto for sponsorship deals & most adored for now think 10 years on the trot, thats some serious time, he is a class act all round, its not just about being a brilliant on court player, there's far more to the game now which Nole has to learn better.

I'm very happy for him to get where he is which requires allot of sacrifices, but he has allot further to go to get the admiration of the tennis fans imho, as someone that has followed tennis for 30 years tbh.

For the record, I'm no grand slam lol, but I love the game & when Federer steps down, tennis is going to lose what he has brought so much too, since he started his quite brilliant career.

Well done Nole.