Andy Mac help...rear speaker and sub install

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hi,

hope someone can help.

i've bought a few bits from andy mac to install 6.5" rear speakers to my S3.

i want to keep the stock HU (upgrade at a later date) i just wanted to make sure the way im doing it is right.

im using the red connection that was plugged into my non bose sub and using the remote on and pre-outs to run an amp. however i have 2 amps, one for the 6.5" and one for the sub. so can i run 2 pre-outs from this one plug?

i have also run, 2x rca leads from the HU to the boot ready for when i upgrade the HU, so once i have a new HU this wont be a problem.

another question not really related, i have a IO play (hand free and ipod connection) installed and at the moment because the standard Audi system is half amped my io play only works through the front speakers, is there anyway i can get it to run throught them all now that im removing the audi half amped stuff and installing my own?

Yes you can, just use 2 Y splitters to take the single pair of RCA's to 2 pairs

thanks Andy :thumbsup:

p.s. do you sell the adapters that go from the red sub connection to rca?

Last edited:
Cool, will wait till after pay day.

Also wonder if you know.

I took the glove box out earliyer to run the power cable and noticed a black cable that runs down from the roof lining down the a pillar. It wasn't connected to anything looks like a mini satalite connection on the end. It also has antenna written on it. I'm sure my HU has an antenna plugged in, any idea what it is?

On vagcom i do get an error on radio saying antenna short to ground