1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Integration....

preetkk Mar 24, 2014

1. preetkk

preetkk New Member

I am looking to add an Android unit to my Audi A5 2010 sportback (currently has Audi Concert).

I have found "AUTORADIO GPS/NAVI/BLUETOOTH/ANDROID/IPOD/RADIO/DVD Player" on ebay (item no. 261265571671) which has android built in I wondered if anyone has any expierence with these.

2. MattKeating

MattKeating Member

How did you get on, did you purchase an android unit in the end?

3. preetkk

preetkk New Member

Still undecided whether I want it or not yet lol

4. mr.raw

mr.raw Member

I just went for the latest Kenwood android unit. Not cheap but does it all.

5. hxe

hxe New Member

I have 3G MMI basic navigation system with 6.5” low resolution screen and there are no aftermarket devices for it. All those devices with WinCE or Android are compatible with Concert/Symphony radios and with dvd player as main unit which has to be installed into the glove box.

I had Tronsmart T428 so I decided to order video interface, Android compatible USB touch panel controller and flexible touch panel. I have touch screen controllable Android system running and everything is installed behind the glove box and passangers fuse box.

Please check my video at youtube for more details:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0tHSIlGg4

6. hxe

hxe New Member

I have 3G MMI basic navigation with 6.5" low resolution screen. There are no aftermarket Android devices for it, all those units are for Concert/Symphony radios and with external 1DIN dvd player. I had Tronsmart T428 Android TV stick so I decided to order video interface, Android compatible USB touch panel controller and flexible touch panel. Everything is installed behind the glove box and passanger side fuse box. Now I have fully working touch controllable Android running on my car :)

Please check my video for more details:
    Using Android TV stick on Audi A5 sportback - YouTube