Android auto query

nebula099

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick query to those using Android Auto. If you're playing music via USB (USB1) on the MMI and you launch Android Auto (phone connected to USB2), does the music stop or carry on playing?

Cheers.

I play music from a usb stick in the armrest.

If I plug my phone into the other usb port in the armrest (it connects with Android auto) I haven't noticed any probs playing music.

I can confirm I have plugged my iPhone playing Beats 1 streaming and it plays audio while using android auto and google maps.

Obviously you can't control the iPhone music from android auto. You have to go into media on the MMI.

I'd also connect android auto first as if I plug the iPhone in first it may launch CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. The configuration I'm interested in is how @KenL has his set up. I don't use my phone to play music, I normally have a USB stick. So would have that plugged in, along with my phone into the other USB.

I just wanted to make sure you could play music from the MMI and launch Android Auto at the same time, without it affecting the music playback from the MMI. Sounds like it should be ok and the music will play as normal?

I can even play internet radio through the MMI from my phone connected via WiFi while that same phone is using Android Auto, so yes, it works.

The only source that stops working once you use Android Auto is Bluetooth audio.