Android auto communication error 7

Marino85

Reaction score
Hi peeps. Communication error 7 message keeps getting displayed on my phone and will not let me connect to my new car. For the first 2 weeks worked perfectly, but not now. The car is a 66 plate audi a4 and the phone is an android s7 edge. I have made sure that I have the latest updates on my phone, but still nothing. I have also read on other forums that the times have to match for security and this still hasn't helped. It has been a problem for at least 4 weeks now and its driving me mad. Has anyone else come across this, and more importantly have they found a fix?

Thanks in advance

Nope, connected by usb my sony xperia z2 connects fine using android version 6.0...

Have you got the latest version of marshmallow? Think mine went wrong after the update

Have you set the onboard car clock to time from the GPS source? (It's an option within the MMI settings)

I've heard this can solve some android to Bluetooth issues.

Also, did it stop working after some app updates? Perhaps uninstall any updates that downloaded around the time it stopped working....

Reactions: Marino85
I've finally got it sorted. I contacted Samsung to see if it was a problem their end and they confirmed they've had a lot of problems since their latest update. Apparently it's affected loads of apps not just android auto. I did a full factory reset as advised and everything is working again. Thanks for all your input

Reactions: RAF_S7, maui and cuke2u