1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And todays little mod was??

mattyboyc Aug 20, 2011

1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Hi all,
    Had a little bit of spare time today so decided to add the lamin-x headlight tint film, not too bad to work with and the light output looks to be the same aswell but a drive later will tell, just need my S4 lower grill and wheels to complete the exterior.
    before;
    [​IMG]

During;
    [​IMG]

After;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

Looks good Matt. Doesnt look too dark. How do they grade the darkness and what is yours?

3. mattyboyc

Mine is the light tint, i also have some gunsmoke here which is a little darker, i got mine from the lamin-x USA site as it works out the same price as the uk one but is pre-cut and you get some for the fog lights.

4. will89

will89 Member

Looks much better! I put this on mine last year. Had light tint also. It does not affect the light output, however it seems to be shrinking now!

5. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

I like the look of that been thinking about getting some for mine to finish the front end off, have you got any pics with the lights on??

6. mattyboyc

I have this one that shows lights on but only one headlight tinted but as you can see very little difference.

[​IMG]

7. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Cheers mattyboyc thanks for the pic, really like the look of that gonna order some now. How long did it take to come from America??

8. mattyboyc

I opted for the cheapest postage and got an email saying it could take upto 2 weeks to get here, but it arrived after 8 days and i didn't pay any import duty but that was just luck i suppose,

9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Looks good mate, easy to do then yes?

I need to do mine, will really finish it off - I just need to decide whether to order from US or UK!

10. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Lamin-x is good stuff, I used it on my old A3 headlights, same light smoke tint, and I've lamin-x'd my fog lights yellow on my A4.

11. Az

Az Hard slammed!

It is fairly easy to use, just heat it up as much as you can with a hair dryer before you place it on the lenses, this'll make it softer and more manageable. Its quite forgiving though if you need to peel it back and re-do a bit. I found the best way to get all or most of the bubbles out was to have someone help by slightly stretching the film as it's applied and constantly use the squeegy thing provided to firmly press the film onto the lenses as it's being applied.

12. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

As Will says it can seem to shrink a little over time so be sure not to cut it too close the edge of the light. As the edges are unseen you can afford to hang it over by a bit. Got me thinking now about this too now...............

13. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

They look really good, quite subtle - but changes the look of the front end. Just looking at the website, did you get the 6% tints or the 12% gunsmoke?

14. mattyboyc

Mine are the 6% tint

15. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

Righty ho, I shall be shamelessly copying your mod at some point!