And they wonder why people don't trust car sales advisors.

S32B

Reaction score
Why can't they just keep things simple rather than trying to shaft you both ways?

I'd already told them a few weeks back that my next car was going to be from another dealership as I felt that their CS was rubbish. She asked me to give them another chance, so I did with the following results:

So last weekend I got the following quotes from them:

My S3 px price £22,000.
The new A5 coupe via carwow with the spec I wanted in ibis white and a 2.0 petrol engine = £28,680.

Happy with both quotes and ready to order I started the ball rolling :)

So this is then what happened.

1) Monday, I get an email asking if I'd consider a diesel. I said "No". The reason they asked is because they had exactly the spec I wanted in stock but in a diesel.

2) Monday late afternoon, I receive a phone call asking would I consider any other colour? I replied with "The only other colour I'd consider is Daytona Grey".

3) Tuesday, a phone call saying that they had located a car with the exact spec I want.....in Scuba Blue!!! :wtf: are they not listening I'd said ibis or daytona!?!?!

4) They then sent over the quote for the Scuba blue car which also had 19" alloy upgrades and the quote for a factory order for the spec I wanted:

My factory order had now been priced in at £30,324 (with my options)
The stock Scuba blue car was priced in at £30,194 (with my options + metallic paint & upgraded alloys)

So anyone looking at only those two figures two would see the stock car was a better option as you also get metallic paint and upgraded alloys for a lower total price. But when you look back up the page to the quote they gave me last weekend for the factory order, it's jumped from £28,680 to £30,324 up £1,644!!!
BUT if you deduct the cost of the upgraded alloys and metallic paint from the price of the scuba blue car you are left with the original quote of my factory order!

And just for an extra kick in the nuts the px price had dropped from £22,000 to £20,900 down £1,100! So the total extra cost had jumped up by £2744 :angry: The quote off them also showed a dealer deposit contribution of £1,100! Oh what a coincidence that my px has just been dropped by £1,100 :blink:

My new car last weekend came in over a 3 year PCP at £380 per month which I was happy with.
Their new figures days later changed that to £411 per month over 4 years! A year longer and £31 per month more :wtf:

By this time the dealership had closed for the night, so I sent them an email basically saying the above along with my thoughts, which are that they have just altered all the figures to make the stock car look more appealing, as they want to get rid of that rather than do me the car I want in the colour/spec I want as a factory order.

Three days on I still haven't heard back from them! Guilty conscience???

To say that I was annoyed is an understatement :whip::boxing:

Reactions: Benji34, aqibi2000, AudiNutta and 5 others
That's shocking! Tell them where to go. If you're anywhere near driving distance of West Kent, Tunbridge Wells Audi are superb.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ergo here in lies the problem when there's no face to face contact, l really couldn't be bothered playing email ping-pong with a dealer of any kind,face to face and pay a little extra is sometimes better, hope you get a deal eventually mate, my son just took delivery of his demo hopefully be driving it tonight

Mms 20170330 071922

Reactions: h1r4, AudiNutta, Daveotto and 5 others
Well it's a salesmans / womans job to sell you what they've got rather than what you want rofl !! :wtf:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Walk away.
I intend to ;)

That's shocking! Tell them where to go. If you're anywhere near driving distance of West Kent, Tunbridge Wells Audi are superb.
other end of the country mate :(

Have they adjusted the figure taking the new taxing aboard (starts 1st April)?
Nope, all on this months figures. They obviously just want shut of the stock car and didn't listen to my requirements!

I'd recommend Nigel at Swindon Audi
Too far mate.

Reactions: TDI-line
I intend to ;)

other end of the country mate :(

Nope, all on this months figures. They obviously just want shut of the stock car and didn't listen to my requirements!

Too far mate.
Always worth a call, my S3 was ordered over the phone. If you change your mind the guy i use is Nigel Simpson, had my lay 3 cars from him, he's broken any deal I could find anywhere else.

Always worth a call, my S3 was ordered over the phone. If you change your mind the guy i use is Nigel Simpson, had my lay 3 cars from him, he's broken any deal I could find anywhere else.
Thanks I'll give him a try and see what he comes back with....always an excuse for a weekend away! :)

I'd tell them that you gave them the chance they asked for and they still cocked it up, then go elsewhere.

I can see the attractions of the New A5 coupe drove a diesel S-line sportback tonight stunning inside and out but it's too large for me personally, if it weren't l would be waiting on it getting built lol the interior is exquisite even in S-line guise

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom.H
I can see the attractions of the New A5 coupe drove a diesel S-line sportback tonight stunning inside and out but it's too large for me personally, if it weren't l would be waiting on getting built lol the interior is exquisite even in S-line guise

Same for me loved the look of the new A5 and the BMW 4 series but to large for me so went S3 saloon

My new car last weekend came in over a 3 year PCP at £380 per month which I was happy with.
Their new figures days later changed that to £411 per month over 4 years! A year longer and £31 per month more :wtf:

Whatever make/brand you will get a salesman who tries it on. For my wife's new Mini I filled in an online enquiry form and got a finance quote back which was £55/month more than the finance offer splashed all over the dealers page. When I mentioned it he phoned up to say we can negotiate, I said no and went elsewhere. In contrast the salesman we bought from bent over backwards to cut us a deal at 2pm on last Sunday afternoon and we have picked up the car this afternoon to a higher spec and about same price as the three year old Min we traded in. I think we caught him on a quiet day on the threshold of his next bonus level

Reactions: S32B, KenL and Jassyo06
I'd tell them that you gave them the chance they asked for and they still cocked it up, then go elsewhere.
lol funny you say that! This is how I ended the email I sent the boss :)

"You asked me to give Cheshire Oaks Audi another chance and I did, yet over 48 hours on I've had no reply to my last email. It was the lack of replies which is why my year two service was done elsewhere and why I was also looking at other dealerships to order my next car."

It's now another 24 hours on and I still haven't heard from them, even if they called today asking to match the best price I have I'd rather drive an hour and do the deal with another group.

lol funny you say that! This is how I ended the email I sent the boss :)

"You asked me to give Cheshire Oaks Audi another chance and I did, yet over 48 hours on I've had no reply to my last email. It was the lack of replies which is why my year two service was done elsewhere and why I was also looking at other dealerships to order my next car."

It's now another 24 hours on and I still haven't heard from them, even if they called today asking to match the best price I have I'd rather drive an hour and do the deal with another group.
Nigel wouldn't have treated you like that buddy..shame he left

Sound buddy...but been that busy with work ect I've only done 700 miles in 2 months

Most dealer groups are horrible to work for, with lots of pressure and nasty opening hours, so a lot of the "professional" people have left the industry to be replaced to young, cheap, stupid haircutted individuals who are lured by the prospect of a nice car.

This is the result.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Most dealer groups are horrible to work for, with lots of pressure and nasty opening hours, so a lot of the "professional" people have left the industry to be replaced to young, cheap, stupid haircutted individuals who are lured by the prospect of a nice car.

This is the result.

My son of late has been put under so much pressure by his peers, he's actually having difficulty dealing with it, because he's not got a life outside work, he's only 25 years old and has been selling cars for 7 years he pays £250 a month for his demo it's not for free and doesn't get fancy, fancy cars, dealerships are still really busy with the tail-end of the new 17 plate cars, it's not even a job you can leave when you close your front door behind when you get in at night

Reactions: AudiNutta, Daveotto and MattSedg
I know the feeling :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Walk away.

Ergo here in lies the problem when there's no face to face contact, l really couldn't be bothered playing email ping-pong with a dealer of any kind,face to face and pay a little extra is sometimes better, hope you get a deal eventually mate, my son just took delivery of his demo hopefully be driving it tonight

View attachment 121272

Well it's a salesmans / womans job to sell you what they've got rather than what you want rofl !! :wtf:

Nigel wouldn't have treated you like that buddy..shame he left

lmao they are up to their old tricks again!!!

My sister has been on Carwow to price up a 1.5 black edition saloon, she said Cheshire oaks were the cheapest at £25,608! So she asked them for a full quote :)

That price has now jumped up by £1,595 to £27,203 but they did say and I quote:

"Please find the quote for the A3 attached but also one for an A4 Black Edition 1.4 TFSI Manual (equivalent), the residual on these is much stronger and there is more deposit contribution which makes them cheaper. Also, the A3s are currently all factory order for a January delivery, I can get you an A4 Black Edition in Ibis White for end of October/Early November."

So basically they have done exactly the same as they did with me, up the price of the car that is wanted to make the price of the other car (that they want to get rid of) look a better deal! She doesn't want an A4 she wants an A3 lol :D

Reactions: richinsoton