1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And its goodbye from me...

S3quatt Oct 27, 2013

1. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot VCDS Map User

Well after 7 years of pretty much trouble free service, the S3 will be moving on to a new owner within the month after the paperwork comes back for the number plate. At 71k & a mediocre average of 6k a year, the 8l has without a doubt been one of the best cars I have owned & that's been up against some stiff competition including Scooby's & Porkers!

The 8L forum has had been a great source of information from top to bottom for me & everyone else I'm sure. From suspension & brakes to interior & performance mods & trouble shooting.

After several test drives of a few other manufacturers, I narrowed it down to an RS4, S5 4.2 & 3.0, RS3 & 8V S3.
    (Can't keep away from the four rings ;-)

I've pretty much settled on the new S3 sportback, as it seems to be the perfect all round package for my needs. I just need to decide on the final spec.

Big thank you to all on here, from the likes of Glen (Ess_Three) & Jojo in the early days, to the new 8L legends, Tuffty, Badger Bill, Jardo, Westy, & Prawn to name a few.

Although I haven't gone down the monster build route, it's been interesting, informative & entertaining to say the least!

I've been tempted to mothball the S3 & stow it in a lock up for a few years in the hope that some day it might be a future classic.
    I probably would have, had it dropped to the value of a couple of grand, but getting the money I did for it, I feel it was still worth selling. (Something I'm sure I'm going to regret I'm sure)

Once again, thanks to everyone on here for the input over the years & I'll still look in to see who's slaying GTR's & the likes ;-)

S3quatt

Nilz, jojo, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  2. p1tse

p1tse Member

Did you have it up for sale somewhere?
    Any ads to view for interest. ;)

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

So you are upgrading to the newer model! Not going to far then! :icon_thumright:

4. S3quatt

Its up for sale in the classifieds here & on the trader... Nogaro Blue 8L

;-)

5. S3quatt

Nah, Sticking with the '3 So hope the new one lives up to expectations.
    Big boots to fill ;-)

jojo likes this.