And Along Came Scrubbing...

EAGLE79

Reaction score
Right,

Just put 15mm spacers on the back of my S-Line and the back wheels scrub if i go at a normal pace over speed bumps or like i found out last night if I have 2 mates in the back and turn into another road that is slightly bumpy. Gutted.

Whats the solution guys? Without going too mad money wise so and an idea of cost would be nice.

(I knew some people had problems with the S3 in this field but i thought that was because the S3 was lower than the S-Line set-up?)

Paul

obviously the spacers are too big

do you have standard wheels on the car? what profile of tyre do you have on?

Boydie said:
obviously the spacers are too big

do you have standard wheels on the car? what profile of tyre do you have on?

I have the audi 18" 20 Spoke wheels on there, they are 225/ 40/ R18's.

I was thinking more that the suspesion is too soft and has too much travel?

It is relatively simple, you have a choice depending on what you value more.

1. Harden rear suspension so that if you have 2 mates in the back the suspension travel is less. However if you do this the back will most likely be as hard as a rock when you don't have 2 mates in the back and this will effect handling.

2. Leave suspension alone and go for smaller spacers as suggested.

3. Take the spacers out all together and flog them on ebay

I would suggest 2 or 3

Whats the solution guys? Without going too mad money wise so and an idea of cost would be nice.

You should go on a diet:icon_thumright:

jasaudi said:
It is relatively simple, you have a choice depending on what you value more.

1. Harden rear suspension so that if you have 2 mates in the back the suspension travel is less. However if you do this the back will most likely be as hard as a rock when you don't have 2 mates in the back and this will effect handling.

2. Leave suspension alone and go for smaller spacers as suggested.

3. Take the spacers out all together and flog them on ebay

I would suggest 2 or 3
4. Get thinner mates

Alternatively on the same theme

5. Only allow thin good looking girls in the car

But that may end up costing you an awful lot more than new springs etc

What offset are the standard Audi 18's? ET 54?

Just put a set of H&R 15mm spacers on the back of mine over the weekend. Running 235/40/R18 tires on 18" wheels (ET 50) with an Eibach Pro Kit. There is about 35mm between the flat across the back tyre and the top of the wheel arch. Not experienced any rubbing yet even over very bumpy roads but was not carrying any passangers.

As with mine no rubbing either but Klauster on this forum also with a new S3 had rubbing issues....strange???