An innocent bike shed

trekbiker

Reaction score
This event happened a mere 50 metres away from where i was sleepling last thursday night. I've been unable to get pictures until now, but here's a tale about a 20 year old bike shed , some daily -used bikes and something pearl

Notice anything unusual about the pictures(taken today??) Please read the detail above first

It does have an S3 link this by the way Mr Moderator!

all will be revealed at 2100hrs!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif buckled wheel on bike...anything to do with?

It wasn't buckled before, all the bikes were fine.

something about the 20 year old bike shed though- attention to detail and all that....

The poor phots don't show it really. Anyway- this innocent bike shed and its contents were confronted by something Pearl black without any provocation whatsoever......

the bike shed has already been fixed..... his car hasn't. anyone want to see the pictures??

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
the bike shed has already been fixed..... his car hasn't. anyone want to see the pictures??

[/ QUOTE ]

YES PLEASE!

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
you were sleeping in a bike shed????

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i was on the park bench nearby!

He went over the kerb first at i'm guessing about 40-50mph

this is one of his rear wheels

It is an S3, but the wheel is the least of his worries. Apart from damage to Crown property(the shed), his car took it from all angles by the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gifangry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gifbike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gifshed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
He went over the kerb first at i'm guessing about 40-50mph

this is one of his rear wheels

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the center caps, I'd say that those wheels are replicas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think they are genuine as they look greyer than my replicas. more pics anyone??

my dilemma is simple................

I know him to talk to, but not that well.

how long do i leave it before asking him if he wants to sell me his silver leather
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

PS- It also has an AMD remap i think. perhaps he wished it didn't now. I reckon he's got about £5k of damage here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
I noticed the silver leather too LOL, is he a user on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE, DON'T THINK SO, OR ELSE HE WON'T BE HAPPY WITH ME!!

As soon as i saw that, i wondered how long it would take to ask about the silver leather, beat to it already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really dont get the whole silver leather thing, still its way better than the caramac leather in VW's!

[ QUOTE ]
trekbiker said:
no, i was on the park bench nearby!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He must've been going some to do that much damage to the rear of the car as well. Did he do a 360?

That leathers got your name written all over it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Im sure he/she will sell soon after its repaired, so move in quick and do a deal for a swap.

How did you get the pics and where was the driver?

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Trekbiker, was it the fatermath that you just see, or did you witness the whole thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jojo

I 'heard' it, or rather it woke me up(5am!)i heard him trying to reverse out of the bike shed(and into the tree). the shed is right beside me, 3 doors down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:
That leathers got your name written all over it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Im sure he/she will sell soon after its repaired, so move in quick and do a deal for a swap.

How did you get the pics and where was the driver?

[/ QUOTE ]

the car is parked up going nowhere just a block away form me still in a compound!

any idea if they would be likely to write this off? Whats the current percentage repair to value figure that they work on? I think the engine has about 110k- how much would that sell for...any ideas?

It varies from company to company - the 'they' is a multitude of different companies with different underwriting philosophies.

Greg