AMI Retrofit

bimilne

Reaction score
HI Folks

Just had an AMI i pod retroft done at an independant garage,

Probems with the aux socket now not working and the i pod will not play (unit i bought had no instructions as I thought it was only plug and play)

The i pod just will not allow me to play anything, the CD player and radio still works but not the aux socket or i pod.

It comes up with componenet connected.

Is there a software update required for this or anything else I need to know that we have to do to get this to work

Cheers Hopefully yours

Brian :((

What coding have they actually done?

not sure but will ask the guy tomorrow and get back to you.

Is there a new code you need to insert to activate the AMI unit ?

Cheers for reply

Brian

It would be helpful if we knew which system this was fitted to.

MMI 2G/3G/Concert/Symphony etc???

When you connect the iPod does it light up and charge?

If you press MEDIA on your HU and select source from one of the inner keys what does it bring up?

the i pod lights up and looks like its charges ok. On the i pod it comes up "accessory connected"

When I press media on the HU it shows the Aux lit up but it does not play the i pod when connected to the 3.5mm jack. The SD card outlet and the CD are not lit up but the CD does play, I havent tried the SD card

Cheers

Brian

Bit confused - if iPod connected via ami why is 3.5mm jack involved?

If Ami Etc coded correctly then iPod should definitely just appear under media and just work . Perhaps although AMI physically installed and powered - car needs coding to say Ami present?

I know what I'm talking about fitting AMI in A3 but I'm sure B8 A4 still needs some coding...

I have AMI in a similar set up to you.....just to add, I don't think you can have the 3.5 Aux as well as the AMI, it's either or, when getting AMI fitted it will disable the 3.5 Aux socket.

This is what I was told when fitting anyway, my car was an early B8 so didn't have the socket anyway.

I would be interested in getting my AMI updated for my iPhone. How do I go about this?

When you say updated, doesnt yours work atm?

I'm confused - too many queries in one thread!