AMI Iphone 6 disconnect issues

Cabbyfan

Reaction score
Hi,

Posting this on behalf of a friend.

A5 Quattro 61 plate with AMI. Its being used with a iPhone 6 running IOS 8.0 and a white ring AMI genuine Audi cable.

The issue is, the AMI system randomly says phone not connected / device not connected when playing back music from the phone. The car has been back to the dealer and also been assessed by a different Audi dealer and they say its an issue with the firmware of the AMI or the phone etc.

Has anyone had any similar issues and know of any fixes ?

Thanks.

So 1st thing is try a different handset, 2nd change the ami cable, 3rd swap the ami unit out, 4th maybe try older IOS version, 5th reflash the mmi or head unit so question is which of these have been tried?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Its been tried with a different handset but only very quickly and it seemed to work. Different cables have been tried I believe as well.

If it works with another handset then it says allot, but try a prolonged use of another handset, then see what occurs.

It was a very short test with a different handset but yes a good point. I will pass it on.

Has anyone resolved this issue? I still cannot get my 6+ or ky wifes 6 to work and was assuming I would have to wait for a MMI firmware update??

I have a 61 plate A5 with a white-ring cable and it works with my iPhone 5S. I was told by Audi Hatfield that an iPhone 6 would not work with my chassis number.
Is probably different on the face-lift 2012 cars.

How about using a Viseoo Tune-to-Air?

I do have an FM transmitter that i can use but you lose so much sound quality that way.

Had same issue. Took it to dealer which said its phone hardware issue. Ive told them to check it anyway as i had few more bits done. After inspection they said it was mmi software that was causing it so they updated mmi to latest version and it works as dream now.