1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMI Cable Help

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by cybrey, Mar 18, 2014.

1. cybrey

cybrey Member

So after a 3 year absence I'm coming back to the Audi fold. Previous car was a A3 1.8T sport, had to swap it for something more practical so went for a VW Passat estate 2.0TDI which I've hated since I bought it.

Anyway last week I bought an A5 sport 3.0TDI its on a 59 plate. It comes with a HDD SatNav and AMI, but no AMI leads. Can anyone point out which lead set I need to buy, really I only need the USB connector (not mini/micro) so that I can attach a Hard Disk. However there are a lot 'sets' on ebay so it may work out cheaper to buy the USB and iPod connector together.

(A remap & exhaust is on the cards, but I want to get used to the stock car first).

Any help appreciated
    Cy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A5sprint

A5sprint Member

I purchased a USB lead from ebay but unfortunately for what ever reason it didn't work. I then purchased one from my Audi dealership and this works perfectly. I'm not saying non of the ebay leads work but though I would let you know.