1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMI/Autochanger coding

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by stoke_audi, Feb 3, 2010.

1. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Hi

I have a customer over in singapore who is trying to retro fit AMI to an 8K A4,
    Can anyone advise how he goes about coding this via vag comm

Thanks Dave
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Does he have an authentic VCDS cable?

If so then he needs to email RT for support ideally mate, but he would of course need to log into the navigation etc unit to enable the feature no doubt.
  3. a3lover

a3lover New Member

Hi

I am the owner of the 2009 A4 B8 Avant with MMI 2G & have gotten the AMI Unit from Dave. I need to know what vagcom coding (my installer has the vagcom cable) or procedure to activate the AMI for my Ipod.

BTW who is RT & how do I contact or email him?

Thanks

A3 Lover
  4. NHN

If your installer has vagcom & its genuine then he knows exactly who RT are, cause they make the genuine ones & no disrespect but if this guys the installer, why doesnt he already know how to do this anyway, I'd be slightly concerned about that tbh, but he should be able to go through the mmi systems with vagcom & find the enabling coding or tick box for this, it shouldnt be to hard given it has a built in helper, also Dave@stoke should be able to help with this by asking his tech guys on site surely as they know modules to enter.

I havnt logged into a B8 as yet so I dont know which module to check, yet.
  5. pns2007

pns2007 Member

I have a MY2010 A4 with the AMI fitted by the dealer. I have gone through what modules you can see in VDS but can't identify anything with regards to the AMI. (Alot of the modules contain no info - suppose its because its relatively a new car).

Anyway, all I can see is that in the scan it refers to media play 3:-

Does this help?
  6. a3lover

a3lover New Member

Hi

Thanks for the invaluable feedback & much appreciated. I know Ross Tech sells genuine vagcom cables & I am not sure if my installer got it from him but they are familiar with modding Audi cars in Singapore.

I will try pns2007's coding & see if it works.

Thanks a mil

Les
  7. NHN

I was gonna suggest Neil tbh as I remember his new B8.

If the guys familiar with modding & installs these for you & others then I'd be little concerned he is asking you as the customer how to install it, dont you think??

Also get the guy to ask RT for support, if its genuine, but atm I'm hazarding he has a counterfeit.