1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American and English ICE.....

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by imported_tobycruse, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Just a little question here....
    Head units from america and head units from the uk, are they the same?
    I heard somewhere that the din connectors are different....
    So for example if i bought Alpine Unit XX-1 in the uk would it be the same in every way as the XX-1 in the US?
    (XX-1 is an example, its isnt there new 10" flip out, internet surfing, coffee making head unit!)

Thanks for your help!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. monty77

monty77 Member

I run a US spec Alpine 9835 in my car, the only differences are:

1) Tuner doesn't support RDS/EON so you wont get station names or traffic info interrupts
    2) They dont ship with an ISO loom, separate wires

1 isn't an issue for me, hardly ever listen to the radio. You will need to change the tuner area on the HU though so it can tune in 0.5MHz increments.

2 is a pain if you're using std speakers, lots of wires to connect. If you're amped like me it's not too bad.

...oh and 3 - it'll be about £200 cheaper if you can get over there to pick it up and bring it back yourself and get forgetful when coming back through customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adam

4. W8 Performance

...oh and 3 - it'll be about £200 cheaper if you can get over there to pick it up and bring it back yourself and get forgetful when coming back through customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

A bit like we all do when we go shopping in the states /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif