1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America to the uk

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by [Dave B], Jan 31, 2003.

1. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

[Jan 31, 2003]
    I'm considering buying a head unit from a supplier in America. Never ordered anything from the US before so I'm unsure of how it works. Obviously i have to pay the unit price and shipping, but are there any other costs as the price on the web site is about £100 cheaper than those over here? Anyone have any experience of this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. dafunkymonkey

dafunkymonkey Member

[Jan 31, 2003]
    Not had experience of that...which head unit is it? What price is it (converted form Dollars - pounds?)
  4. Steve_C_NWales

Steve_C_NWales Member

[Feb 1, 2003]
    Soundstream, now theres some [censored] hot stuff (in its day!) not ried it lately but it did used to be [censored] hot.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  5. danksy

danksy Member

[Feb 2, 2003]
    allow 17.5% for VAT, not sure about the duty! Customs and Excise used to have a helpline that you could call for advice!

6. finster

finster New Member

[Feb 2, 2003]
    Also bear in mind that American Head Units don't have RDS, so you won't get station names when you have the radio on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif