1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Stage 2?

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by AudiSport, Dec 10, 2010.

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Dec 10, 2010]
    My cars previous owner had and AMD remap done through Audi back in 2006 and I believe it is now running around 246bhp. However I'm thinking of upgrading to a Sports Cat and having an AMD stage 2 installed. Is it worth it? If so, I'm not so fussed about a complete system, however Mike Stokes near me in Bournemouth will fit a Sports Cat for £350/400. Is this a good price? As I'm aware I will need this for Stage 2. ​
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Dec 14, 2010]
    Afternoon,

You would really require a full system to go with the sports cat, as a sports cat alone will still be still be stopped from flowing efficiently by the standard cat back system. I wouldn't be able to comment on the price as I do not know what the quality of the cat and the workmanship will be like having not dealt with this specific company before. We only really deal with Milltek due to the quality of them.

Stage 2 with a full exhaust system will add around 10-15% more power and a better mid range too.

Ben

4. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Dec 26, 2010]
    Thanks for the info, i will aim to get a full turbo back system fitted in the new year. Although im not sure i want to pay Milltek prices.. I will look into a cutom exhaust. How much will the stage two software cost me, and where is my closed dealer (I live in Bournemouth)? I have a few friends in Amersham that I could compine a trip Up there. Somewhere closer would be better though...
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  5. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Jan 10, 2011]
    Afternoon,

The remap would be £499.95 inc vat. This will also include before and after rolling road runs with a print out too but this would only be avaliable in West Thurrock.

Ben
  6. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Jan 10, 2011]
    My car has now developed a problem of some sort and the EPC and Engine icon lights are on. During the cold spell a few weeks ago my engine management light (engine icon) popped on for about 15-minutes on a journey, however it reset itself and I just put it down to the cold weather. However the other day the EPC light came on the dash followed by the engine management light a few minutes later. My local mechanic mate has just plugged his reader in and the following details have come up;

Internal control module. Check sum error.
    01537 / P0601

He has stated that he believes it is an ECU associated problem. Has there been any software updates or known problems with Stage 1 AMD maps that could cause such a problem?

Thank you for any info.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Jan 13, 2011]
    Afternoon,

If there was any kind of issue with a remap it would show up as soon as the remap was done. As they are a solid state it is not usually possible for them to just go wrong. Best thing would be to book the car in with us to take a look at what the issue is.

Ben