AMD Stage 1 Remap on 2.0L

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Has anyone had this done, or know of anyone that has ... http://www.amdtechnik.com/products.variant.cfm?variantid=306 ??

They reckon it's an increase of 15bhp which would take it up to 145 in total. Would this make a noticeable difference? What's the opinion on whether it is worth it?

I guess taking it up to 145 would give it nearly the same power as the original 1.8T (150), but I know there are other factors such as torque when comparing performance, so how would this compare?

If it makes a noticeable difference to the low down acceleration, and doesn't massively increase fuel consumption, then for £350 it sounds pretty reasonable.

Any advice, as always, much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Biggest gains are on turbo cars really. No experience with the normally aspirated but suggest you give Ed a call at Amd and he will give you the low down...

Mike I had my golf remapped when it had it's original 2 litre non turbo engine in. The gain was noticeable and I think 10bhp or so. Reckon it only cost about £200 at the time - at least 5 years ago now. It was Star Performance in Fife that did it. I was happy for a while until I got a 1.8T conversion put in - now that did make a bit of difference!!