1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AmD on Monday

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cosmicblue, Dec 2, 2005.

1. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 2, 2005]
    Monday sees a visit to AmD for a remap thanks to 'MarcTwo' and his group buy earlier in the year.

Right now the TDi seems plenty quick enough, with traction already an issue (hence the ESP thread).

However for the price it seemed too good to miss and I'm sure I'll appreciate it when the roads eventually dry out....

Am I completely mad?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. miketweed

miketweed Member

[Dec 3, 2005]
    Not at all!!

You're just releasing the extra horses that audi want people to wait for!

Even when its wet, the extra torque at, say 60 in fourth, is awesome for overtaking. Its not just the 'max' power but how it behaves in the middle, where you spend 95% of the time that counts.

Enjoy!
  4. gizze

gizze Member

[Dec 3, 2005]
    Well worth it, I drove MikeP's Revo'd TDI the other day and it is superb, far, far better than stock.

So much so I was back the next day and had my A6 avant done, only keeping it till March but just couldn't not have it mapped! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  5. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Dec 4, 2005]
    What time will you be there? My GF lives just around the corner and I'm hoping to be there some time in the afternoon... I might pop in and say hi!
  6. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 4, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What time will you be there? My GF lives just around the corner and I'm hoping to be there some time in the afternoon... I might pop in and say hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

9am, I may miss you! (Nice thought though).
  7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, i thought your GF lived in the states... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  8. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Well the footnote now, got there on time, ominous police car outside.

Waited for 20 minutes and no one wanted to serve/talk to me - thought "fine, I'll take my business elsewhere".

Got in the car and rang Stealth Racing who are a REVO Dealer and local to me - I'll go there instead.
  9. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Maybe the police where having there car remapped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  10. gizze

gizze Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    That would have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me right off too. I have a retail business and the one thing I insist with my staff is that they acknowledge people as soon as they come in, when we are busy a smile and "Hello, be with you as soon as possible." is enough 99% of the time to get people to not care about waiting.

I do have to say I have called AMD 3 times now and they have said they will get someone to call me and they never had. Ended up going to MikeP and having ago in his Revo'd TDi. So glad I did.
  11. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    What do you sell/supply Gizze? Ow't intresting?
  12. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Lol, perhaps they should read this forum now and again. I thought they aquired Audi-Sport off John Robins when he left their employment. I could be wrong though...
  13. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Yes, AmD run the site now. Must say I am surprised that you got this treatment. Seems to be the exception rather than the rule though. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you but hopefully you will be please with the remap wherever you go.
  14. little_wing

little_wing Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Kinda seems like the road AmD have been going down recently unfortunately. I think they're still good technically, but customer service seems to have fallen in standards which is a real shame. Some of the other VAG forums have been commenting on this for a while.

I had my 4Motion chipped, H&R coilovers fitted and EBC front discs and pads done by them, along with a couple of services and had no complaints other than they were a tiny bit impersonal, but that was around 2 years ago. It would really be a shame if they're losing business because of poor customer service, but they'd have no one to blame but themselves...
  15. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Thanks MarcTwo.
  16. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, i thought your GF lived in the states... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up, keep up......

Nah got rid of the bunny boiler and found a nice little chic in Bicester /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  17. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up, keep up......

Nah got rid of the bunny boiler and found a nice little chic in Bicester /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry pal, you'll have to keep me updated in the personal's forum.

Well, Bicester, that is handy for the village and AmD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  18. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought they aquired Audi-Sport off John Robins when he left their employment. I could be wrong though...

[/ QUOTE ]

what, www.audi-sport.net?
  19. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep up, keep up......

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry pal, you'll have to keep me updated in the personal's forum.

Well, Bicester, that is handy for the village and AmD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My 1st wife came from Bicester.....expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

That tyre bay place on the Oxford Road into the town used to be a Ford dealer and this muppet ended up getting a bit too close to his secretary.......
  20. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Is she wife No2 now?
  21. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    All is not lost Stealth Racing in Southam are the local REVO dealer, they say they will take the REVO map off prior to the scheduled dealer visits and re-apply for free so I don't need to buy the serial port switch myself....now that is customer service.

In for Friday.
  22. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    No, version 1 ended in an expensive divorce, got version 2 who has been programmed to do what version one was hopeless at.

Still some bugs in the code so have got a 'spare one' for rainy days.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just keep tradin' em in till you get a good one......
  23. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Spare one eh, sounds like you could be re-routed with nearly nothing again.

Best to get ver2 up to speed as quick as possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  24. gizze

gizze Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What do you sell/supply Gizze? Ow't intresting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a shop selling footwear/clothing and a footwear agancy selling footwear to other retailers around the country.

Aimed at the older market really, those that have loads of spare money as they have a low mortgage etc.
  25. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    Got a website to have a peek at? I ain't old or have loads of spare dollars but I am bored killing 10 mins left at work!
  26. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many other audi-sport's do you know??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
  27. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Spare one eh, sounds like you could be re-routed with nearly nothing again.

Best to get ver2 up to speed as quick as possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo, I'm learning now, get two spares instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  28. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the Village is good, I'm right in the middle of installing their phone system - all over Europe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thats where I met the little honey....

As for AmD, lease company says it's a big no no.... as does the company insurance, so unless I can palm my car off to someone else (which might actually happen in Jan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I'm stuck with it for the next 2.5 years.....
  29. gizze

gizze Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Got a website to have a peek at? I ain't old or have loads of spare dollars but I am bored killing 10 mins left at work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah mate, our customers have not heard of the interweb yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  30. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Dec 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many other audi-sport's do you know??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, ok, ok, point taken... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Didn't know this website was an asset of AmD..