AMD map

jolly14

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of a remap and AMD have told me that i can expect about +45bhp (i have 163bhp petrol t with 82000 miles) but is it true that i will get better mpg if i drive it normally due to increased torque, let me know what the pro's and con's are.

Cheers guy's

ive got a 190 with a revo map, my fuel economy has deginately increased on motorway runs but round town and b roads its dropped, mainly cos its much more fun giving it some. 1st few weeks i was only getting about 250 miles on a full tank lol

Yeah i'm thinking it will be heavy footed for a couple of weeks or so but if i was to drive it "normally" would i get a drop in mpg.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Just remapped my wife's 163bhp a4 avant. It's got about 40bhp more now and definately better mpg.

what mpg is gained would you say, that would be great for fuel saving for work then its play time at the weekends.

Cheers Jay

Well I reckon so far we've got about 4mpg more as it was at 28 and it's 32. Maybe slightly more motorway driving this time, but where as we got under 400miles per tank before we're over 400 and the red lights not on yet.

Where as it was really sluggish before through the rpm range, it's a lot crisper now and you get to a decent rpm quicker and thus less time on more throttle so off boost more , hence full saved.

Yeah i'm thinking it will be heavy footed for a couple of weeks or so but if i was to drive it "normally" would i get a drop in mpg.

Jay

I would like to know this too

If you drive exactly the same as prior to the remap then typically I would expect you to see slightly improved mpg.

Thanks for all your help, i think a re-map is the way forward for me now :undwech:

Cheers Jay

Last edited:
Hi Jay,

Just remapped my wife's 163bhp a4 avant. It's got about 40bhp more now and definately better mpg.

Beachbuggy can you pm me as i think my messages are not going out to you.

Cheers Jay