Ambient lighting in the B7????

Tiffy

Reaction score
OK before anyone says anything, i have searched and searched but can only find info for the B6......

Looking to retrofit some ambient lighting to the Avant as in previous BMW's i have owned they look great.

What do i need ect....part numbers would be great and a fitting guide also..........

you can buy them on ebay for about 20 quid i did and they come with instructions quite easy tbh the drill holes are already marked out

Have you got a link please???..........

I did this about a month ago.

Took 10 mins and was about £10.

Forgot to plug my sunroof cable back in and had to take the light back out though.

just changed my Interior lights for white LED's and checked this out....all is in place so i will order the Ambiant module from Audi asap.....cheers chaps

Anyone got a pic of these fitted? Interested to see how they look.

cheers

This is the affect, a low red light.

756918-23032006041.jpg

OK before anyone says anything, i have searched and searched but can only find info for the B6......

Looking to retrofit some ambient lighting to the Avant as in previous BMW's i have owned they look great.

What do i need ect....part numbers would be great and a fitting guide also..........

B6 and B7 are the same

cheers RMH what i expected, same light effect i used to have in the Vectra of all places

Its a nice classy touch that looks superb......for the sake of £10 its a no-brainer.....

Anyone know if this is possible with the rear interior light?

yes iv had it in a few B7's
same part number
and theres a few guides kicking about

I take it that you need the map reading one and not the single perspex type one?

Ambient lighting looks good. Also, from reading the guide on Tyresmoke, it has the look of a job I can do myself.

I've just rang Bexley Audi to order the part. It's £12.09 + VAT, so I have to go in and pay in advance. If I can do that before 2pm today, it should be available tomorrow.

I've ordered the part, and it should be in tomorrow. Ahead of that, though, I thought I'd unclip the covers and have a look inside the cluster, to get an idea of what I'll be doing. First thing I noticed was that when the white plastic cover is removed, it has a small rectangular box clipped into it, to which is connected a wire feeding back into the cluster. I'm thinking this possibly something to do with the bluetooth system (a microphone, perhaps?), because the location of this little box corresponds with a small perforated grill area on the cover.

Can I safely lever the box out of its little housing? If not, the cover is left dangling by the wire, which will make it a little tricky to drill the two holes for the LEDs.

Last edited:
its a retro

I've ordered the part, and it should be in tomorrow. Ahead of that, though, I thought I'd unclip the covers and have a look inside the cluster, to get an idea of what I'll be doing. First thing I noticed was that when the white plastic cover is removed, it has a small rectangular box clipped into it, to which is connected a wire feeding back into the cluster. I'm thinking this possibly something to do with the bluetooth system (a microphone, perhaps?), because the location of this little box corresponds with a small perforated grill area on the cover.

Can I safely lever the box out of its little housing? If not, the cover is left dangling by the wire, which will make it a little tricky to drill the two holes for the LEDs.

it could be the BT mic if you have it fitted
also theres movments in there for alarm and 1 for the cc unit

it could be the BT mic if you have it fitted
also theres movments in there for alarm and 1 for the cc unit

Thanks, Bez. I do have OEM phone prep and bluetooth fitted, so I'm pretty certain it's the mic. If so, am I safe to ease this little box out of its housing on the underside of the cover?

yeah just take it out