1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambient Light Pack

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Boydie, May 1, 2007.

1. Boydie

Boydie Guest

I am about to order some parts from VagParts and im looking to buy the ambient light pack

[​IMG]

it says it comes in 4 colours - soul, platinum, aqua, twist

how do i find out what colour the one i have is or what these colours look like? as far as i know the colour of the one i have in the car is the same as the one in the picture

need to know asap

thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

presumably it is soul - platunum would be black, not sure about aqua and twist.

if you remove your existing one there should be a part number on it - the last letter indicating the colour.

is your car standard - i.e. standard colour roof lining and a\b\c pillars? if so then just tell them that and they should know which one you need.

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

i guess it is standard lining - i thought the platinum would be black but i have never heard of twist or aqua before :S im just curious to know the colour as a change might look good/better??

5. Boydie

Boydie Guest

how easy is it to remove the light so i can check part numbers??

6. prt57

prt57 Active Member

Info on removal is in the handbook of my S3.

7. Boydie

Boydie Guest

i shall go have a look now thanks - i take it though that my light is "soul" coloured?

8. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

it tells you in the book how to remove it. it should be in the section on how to open\close the sunroof if the electrics fail.

9. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Soul refers to soul black, the new colour of the A3 dash i.e grey/black so I would say the colour you have is definately NOT soul!

10. stan

stan Member

Interior colours are black,deep blue,light grey,& beige these names must be the the new/German version for them.
    which is which who knows?

11. sat1983

sat1983 Member

blue looks really dated!

12. Nelson_R32

Nelson_R32 Member

Unless you specced Black headlining your car will have Platinum Grey Headlining.

13. Nelson_R32

Nelson_R32 Member

Wonder where they got the picture from...? :p Would rather they'd asked me than shamefully mirror-flip the image :)

14. Boydie

Boydie Guest

spoke to Alan at VAGPARTS and i gave him my chassis number - the system brought up a totally different colour lol silver!

so it has now been added to the system!