1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambient light mod

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by razza1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

I've just followed the guide form here, very useful:thumbsup:, however in the B7 it isn't a philips driver needed, it seems a hex driver or something is needed to remove the screws holding the console on. However with a little perseverance you can actually do this without removing the panel.

Just need too wait until it's dark now....
  2. dolores

dolores New Member

Hi,

Have you succeded to find the right socket and pin where toconnect the (+) lights wire on B7? Thank you!
  3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Follow the guide, the instructions/diagrams show you which ones to connect to, pretty easy ;)
  4. acprc

acprc Member

Screws are T20 Torx head.
  5. dolores

dolores New Member

Following the guides is my intention too but I cannot find the red clip. The pictures looks very different to what I see on mine. I just assume on A4 B7 from 2006 2.0TDI the wires are different and that's why I would like to ask somebody with same car type to copnfirm the socket location.

The same issue I have with re-wiring the mic for SDS. There should be an orange socket with green/clear wires (mic) but still not on mine - no such socket.

This is quite frustration as I have all the wires to do the jobs, I would love to do it and I am stopped by not finding described locations. This is just driving me crazy.

Thanks for any support!
  6. jwhat

jwhat Member

Well I have a 2005 2.0tdi and mine was exactly like the guide. Can you get some pictures of your set up and post them?
  7. acprc

acprc Member

On my 2008 B7 the microphone for the GSM doesn't actually plug into the overhead panel it goes through it. The socket comes off the loom and sits in a recess in the overhead panel and the microphone plugs into that. Not sure if you need to check the loom for the socker rather than the panel?

Just a thought.

Adam
  8. dolores

dolores New Member

I am looking for the socket in the footwell compartment somewhere close to the fuse box or break pedal rather then the one in the overhead panel as I would avoid so to unmount the A-pillar trim for re-wiring. Thank you!
  9. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

I have tried to find the Mod istructions, but drawn a blank. Ca anyone point me in the right direction?

regards

Rich