Ambient LED in roof light

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
I've got the roof light without the ambient LED in it currently. I've got the LED part but when I took the cover off to drill I noticed I don't have the markers on the back of where to drill the holes. Any chance anyone could do some measuring for me? :friends:

Have made some approxamate measurements for you in mm

The unit is 180mm wide at this point so the centre is 90mm so the holes are at 80mm and 100mm and are about 14mm in from the front edge.The holes are again about 6mm wide.A measurement are taken from the outside.

Hope this helps if not the best thing to do is get hold of light unit with them already in but I guess you went down this route first
Here is a picture of my led light which I managed to buy of ebay.

LIGHT 002

I've seen this LED unit, is it just plug and play?

Yep that's right just plug and play on rewiring or coding needed,took me about 10min to swap the unit just
need to pull the wiring loom and alarm sensor's from old unit and place into new one.

Also good idear to replace bulbs for led ones which give you a brighter light and with ambient light unit you will gain
the map lights

Can you supply part numbers to complete this please. My car needs this.

need this for my 58 reg convertible what part am i looking for on fleabay

Reactions: Walts2782
The A4 B7 (iirc) interior light fits too!

I done this on mine ages ago

The outer cover fits just right, however the inside carrier of the parts are different... Just swop out all the switches, bulbs, LEDs and wiring/copper tracks from the A4 version to your existing A3 interior light

It'll take only about 20 mins, everything goes in the same place

They was cheaper on the bay when I did mine but may still be... I paid about £10-£15 inc postage for the whole unit!!

The A4 B7 (iirc) interior light fits too!

I done this on mine ages ago

The outer cover fits just right, however the inside carrier of the parts are different... Just swop out all the switches, bulbs, LEDs and wiring/copper tracks from the A4 version to your existing A3 interior light

It'll take only about 20 mins, everything goes in the same place

They was cheaper on the bay when I did mine but may still be... I paid about £10-£15 inc postage for the whole unit!!

I did this too

details

thought id dig this up rather than starting a new one, done some searching for part numbers but with them changing all the time can anyone help me out with some up to date ones please. Need to weigh up the cost of the parts new to second hand.

Im after the parts for map lights and ambient lights in black.
Also whats needed to fit the leds in the rear.
Or part numbers for using the a4 one and swapping it over.
Also part numbers and whats needed to fit the lights above the door handles

I have a 2.0 tdi DSG 3 door

Or does anyone have any of this for sale?