Ambiance lighting figured out and enabled - Cross Forum Post.

DavidB8

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't posted on here before although more than a few of you will know me from the Audizine forum.

I cracked the ambiance lighting today and figured out how to give you full time foot lights and control the brightens via MMI.

Anyways feel free to wonder over to Audizine for the DIY write up. I probably wont be checking back here but if you have any comments or questions feel free to leave them on that forum.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...Lighting-(Full-time-adjustable-foot-lighting)

Welcome Dave,

I often read your posts on Audizine its great to have you on this forum too.

I unfortunately don't have 2G or 3G and have just retro fitted the footwell lights. I've tried for some time to get the brightness of these changed but have had no luck. I have managed to get interior lights in the main menu but its greyed out. I might experiment with what you have done with VDS. I don't get the hidden menue on my system unfortunately, so I do hope Ross Tech feature this in their next update.

Looking forward to more of your retrofits

Cheers

Neil

:beerchug:

Just to update my post, I have tried the coding which rlarsen has given in his posting #41 in the above thread and it works fine in my basic non mmi system.

My mmi display has interior lights 'lit up' and I can control the brightness of the footwell lights. They stay on all the time at the selected brightness and when you open the door they light brighter. If you turn them down to the minium (i.e. not lit) they still light up when the doors are opened. (Just as Dave and larsen have described). Both front and back work and I didn't need to reset mmi system.

Well chuffed

Thanks again Dave and rlarsen (if your reading this)

Good to see it's working for you Neil. I knew we'd get it working for everyone once rlarsen got wind of a Vag - Com riddle. I updated the main post to help people get the answers faster. Anyway I was just dropping by to see if there where any problems over here.

Thanks for the welcome John, thought I would drop by your house for a change. Your like my main Audi pusher.. I do skulk from time to time. It was actually here I learned about the black optics grill (it was yours actually) which I now have sitting in my living room and thanks to Audi-Sport I get a wicked discount on Audi Driver magazine.

Oh and you guys have way cooler smilies :rockwoot:

Last edited: