Amazon/Prime watch out!

A19quattro

Reaction score
So I noticed £79 had been taken form my bank card which I did not authorise and I was most unhappy. It is virtually impossible to contact Amazon (what kind of "Customer Service" is that exactly? So I checked online and it seems the payment was for "Prime" membership. I know very little about Prime and from what I now know I have no interest in it. I had at no time allowed them to keep records of my bank card details either yet they had 2 of my cards recorded, which I duly deleted. I remembered I had made an order about 2 weeks ago which offered me "free next day delivery" though "Prime". There seemed to be little to lose as it was free and I was going to get my parcel quicker but I can only assume now, as there appears to be no easy way to contact Amazon (did I menton that already?), that by agreeing to this I agreed to join Prime and to the money being taken from my account. I do not believe this is not enough agreement in Law to take a payment but I doubt I am going to take them to court and I think by cancelling my membership online I will get a refund but I am sure it's pretty sharp practice on Amazon's part. So as a low Amazon user I am fairly sure I can live my life without them and also that I can live my life without a company that takes unauthorised monies form my Bank account, especially at a time of year when money tends to be tight (Christmas) but I did feel strongly enough about this that I wanted to tell them and others what happened, so they can be aware and take care when dealing with these people, if you absolutely have to that is.

Same thing happened to me but it was for a trial period so I just cancelled it. Very deviously done and not at all above board!

Whaaaat !! Sacre Bleu !!
The same company who make working in Victorian times down a coal mine seem a doddle ? The same company who are cut throat in competitiveness ?
I watched the Panorama programme and immediately deleted my Amazon account,I do not mind hard work but these are modern day slave drivers are awful.
Every single purchase fuels this madness and people should do the same as I did but no they want a Jamie Oliver cookbook for their Auntie a quid cheaper than anywhere else,I would rather pay more and have a clear conscience.

So don't be surprised when they pull tricks like this, a company which morals which are business based will do that.

Never had a problem contacting them and their customer service has always been grade A with me as a heavy user. Yes they offer Prime anytime and anywhere they can and it's quite easy to click and sign up even if you didn't want to. But you will get a full refund if you say it was a mistake of that o have no doubt.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc and Raiden
I got an E.Mail today and my refund should be on it's way. The guy admitted it's not clear when you agree to free delivery on one parcel, apparently you agreed to join. You get one free month and they automatically take the full annual premuim unless you cancel beforehand. I hate deals like that and always refuse them because it's just a recipe for me to forget, then I have to fight with them to get my money back but on this occasion I had no idea I was entering into a deal, great!
Yes Vorhees, the same ones, I think they want all our money then we can all live in in tents :(

I found it very clear when I joined that it was a trial period, but I'd need to cancel at the end otherwise membership would start and be chargeable.

Reactions: Raiden
Same here! Ive never signed up to amazon and dont even have any of their products etc! Phoned them up and they refunded me instantly! I asked them why i was charged and they said i signed up to amazon prime when i bought something off amazon!

They are fine about refunding but I thought there was something in law that you are not supposed to take credit card payments unless the customer is on the other end of a phone agreeing or in your shop in person, agreeing.
This is assuming it's Ok to take a payment from stored credit card details that the customenr never authorised you to store in the first place. I am no Lawyer but I think it is all very very iffy!
By the way they no longer have my credit card details :)

I no longer use amazon after this. The fact they can take money from my account without any authorisation has put me right off. They told me i signed up to it and put my details in when i know 100% i didnt