Amazed MPG

Markey

Reaction score
I got

388.8 miles to a full tank yesterday i wanted to try and get 400 but it was on the empty line so i thought i better fill it up.

That was a combined millage with me being fruitfull as usual on the motorways and when i felt like it.

Well im happy with that :)

how much did it cost to fill up ?

I'm working mine on 20p per mile on average - can get a bit better if I drive like my dad (& a lot worse if I'm not careful !!)

Markey said:
with me being fruitfull as usual on the motorwaysQUOTE]

that is a good effort...think you may mean "frugal" though

jcb said:
Markey said:
with me being fruitfull as usual on the motorwaysQUOTE]

that is a good effort...think you may mean "frugal" though

No i mean fruitfull as its fun, doing 110+ going home from work somtimes depending on how clear it is. Thats KPH by the way ;)

The tank costs 58 quid to fill up most times and i always use Shell.

ha ha
you get 29+mpg doing 110 m(k)ph?
you must have been doing 50mph for the rest of it?

what engine?

mine is lucky to return 20mpg the way I drive!

jcb said:
ha ha
you get 29+mpg doing 110 m(k)ph?
you must have been doing 50mph for the rest of it?

what engine?

mine is lucky to return 20mpg the way I drive!

Its a 1.8T with K04 and new head rebuild and some other bits.

I do lots of different driving never usually stick to speed limits unless kids are about so i was not even driving like an old man.

I got 199.9 miles to £54 the other week (round town)
So i decided to try and do an ecomony tank (round town) and im talking changing gear at 2500 / 3000 rpm, light foot on the accelerator etc and returned an amazing 279 miles to £55 !!
Ive gone back to normal driving and enjoying it.

I'm not far from Markey's figures. Ive managed to do 360 and still have "20mi" showing up on the DIS. That's mostly through 20-22 mile round trips on dual carriageways each day with a couple of blasts. Averaging 29.8mpg.

Byzan A4 said:
300 on a tank is my norm, i recon i could do 400, but god it would be boring,lol

300, is that with your new engine remapped? What was the max when you had the standard 1.8?

I have managed 400 miles once on a 1.8t standard, most on motorway, 1 journey.

Generally get 330

Road Razor said:
300, is that with your new engine remapped? What was the max when you had the standard 1.8?

Its better if i drive steady acording to the DIS, but i cant help but blast it, so its around 300 with the map and turbo,drive normal i recon she would do 400, well the DIS thinks so, for most of the tank, but as soon as i floor it,the miles left fall off in 20's lol

The remap deffo made the car a much better drive, and better on fuel, but we all know thats not the reason we get them mapped now is it :jump: :jump: :jump:

I got 380 miles to the thank before and that was driving from chandlers ford to harwich then scraped the exhaust getting on the ferrie to hook van holland (or what ever its called) then down to europort for a few days driving back and forth and around the job site then back. then when i got to fleet services it said 10miles left so thought i best fill up. and that wasn't driving like a grandad! did fill up using Vpower tho

Byzan A4 said:
but we all know thats not the reason we get them mapped now is it :jump: :jump: :jump:

Hell no, im gagging to get my mapped now, i need a custom one so im trying to save :)

Byzan A4 said:
Yep indeed i would. They were helpful, informative and well equiped. Oh and the price is good too

And that was chipped UK that did the custom map ?