Am so p**sed that the roof is not working.....Car Hunter are no help......

Smunns

Reaction score
I brought the A3 Cab in July and got a 4 star warranty with it as I brought it from a company called Car Hunters in Essex uk thinking that I would get a nice warranty with it but guess what is is not worth the paper it was on, as it is not covered and car hunters are not bothered....

So now it is going in to Audi on the 2nd for them to give me a big bill to fix it, who would think that a car that is 4 years old would do this........

also yes I know not the weather for it down but hate it that it does not work......

Citzens advice would be my first place to ring not Audi if you feel they have been conned.

Sorry to hear trhat you have a problem but it is a big lesson to all of us. Most car warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, there is so much small print and so many exclusions most of the time you will get nothing.
As for going to the dealers I would have found a good local independent, you have already probably paid over the odds to buy a cabriolet in July with a useless warranty now you will get fleeced again with ridiculous labour rates.
Karl

A quote
"You bought from a dealer

If you bought a used car from a dealer the law under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 says that the car should be:

of satisfactory quality
fit for its intended purpose or a purpose that you made known to the dealer
as described.
If the car turns out to be faulty, you may be able to get a refund, a repair or ask for a replacement."

Citizens Advice - The car you bought is faulty

Check your invoice for the car as some used car dealers put in the small print that they are not liable for any comebacks if a aftermarket warranty has been given with the car.

But yeah aftermarket warrantys are not all that, don't usually cover roofs , turbos , injectors etc, there are some that do but not usually the ones that come from a used car sales place.

Even when things are covered they 80% of the time always get out of it by saying its wear and tear.