Am I missing some trim?

DesignerDaveA1

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2015 S-Tronic Sportback. I noticed the over the day that behind the pedals it looks exposed as if I am missing some trim or cover? Anyone else have this issue? Or do they all come like this?

Thank you

19210644a8ee1caa48a832f2e6776a04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedals looked a tad bland so changed 'em over for some genuine Audi items #8X2064200A from Crewe Audi via eBay:

Pedals   aluminium

Much better - gotta get the footrest done :readit: Trim still missing, mind...

Reactions: Jcbmally
Great improvement.

And it's ALL thanks to you guys at CREWE Audi:

Thanks Adam, a perfect item. For the brake pedal you first have to remove/roll-off the 'original' rubber foot-pad/cover and then roll-on the 'new' aluminium foot-pad cover, an easy exercise. With the accelerator/throttle pedal cover, however, the 'new' aluminium cover just rolls on over the top of the 'original' cover, easy. The instructions are incorrect, but that's no surprise; at least I did read 'em... :readit:

Reactions: Sandra and Paul-RS6
Looks good John, I'm looking forward to seeing the A1 soon.
The pedals remind me of my 8L S3's where I always fitted the TT pedals for the same effect.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Looks good John, I'm looking forward to seeing the A1 soon.
The pedals remind me of my 8L S3's where I always fitted the TT pedals for the same effect.
Great improvement.
Thank you

Thanks Paul, but funny you should mention the 8L SR as it was my own that sparked the resolution, so I sourced a suitable Audi OEM aluminium footrest of eBay, 8N TT and several available for £10 delivered. On receipt dismantle the item; take a 24-tooth hacksaw and remove the plastic support structure; then, strip the footrest and cut, same 24-tooth hacksaw, the aluminium element to shape and then cut/trim the loose rubber element to that; and then bond both together (I used EVO-STIK).
TT Foot rest image Footrest 1030832

Double-side tape (but may have to use Velcro) on the back of the assembly and position to taste on the carpet and hey...

Pedals 1030833

OK, so that trim is still missing but we now don't look past the pedals... :yahoo:

PS: this 3-year old 185bhp A1 with 7-speed DSG is a cracker, you'll love it... :superman:

Oh, and a BIG thank you to DesignerDaveA1 for starting this thread and getting me started on the modifications, hats off... :hi:

Reactions: Paul-RS6
Is Bluey going to get the same treatment?

Is Bluey going to get the same treatment?

Found a suitable source for THREE base parts Paul so going for it on both Bluey and Sandy... :yes:

And a spare one for you once you've checked Bluey and you'd like... :superman:

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul-RS6
Top work, my other purchase has been despatched