1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I jinxed

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by simonwjones, Sep 6, 2006.

1. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 6, 2006]
    Well I still havnt got to the bottom of the alarm problem, bur when out today, after braking ny ABS and ESP light came on. Turned off the engine, back on again and they have gone, but came back very shortly after.

The Light for the diesel preheaters then cam on and started flashing, followed 5 minutes later by the Brake warning light flashing.

Now I now its a bit earlier for the Blackpool Illuminations but from doing a search I suspect that it could be an ABS sensor fault.

Can anyone post me up a picture of the location of this item or offer any advice. We are up to about 21-22 A6 owners now arent we!!!!

by the way its and A6 1.9tdi avant on a 02 Plate

cheers

Simon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. MartinM

MartinM DK55 XYH

[Sep 6, 2006]
    in regards to the glow plug problem, i could only shake this by draining the fule tank and replacing the fuel filter, mine was caused by water in the diesel
  4. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 6, 2006]
    cheers martin

keep them coming lads, theres still time to get this A6 forum rocking

Simon
  5. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 8, 2006]
    weel after two days of blackpool illuminations on my dash I turned by car on this morning, drove off and braked, all expected the dreaded light show to appear

Guess what!! its gone,and I've driven over 150 miles today. Guess it must just be a loose connection on the abs sensor's then

Just my alarm to sort out now

Cheers

Simon
  6. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Sep 11, 2006]
    well my vag cable arrived today, cant wait to have a play. Anyway my mate just rang me who looks after my car and I told him about this issue. He reckons it either the brake light switch or a blown bulb, either can cause all these lights to come on

just thought let u all know

Simon