1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i going mental....

smudge_don Dec 7, 2009

1. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Or did i just watch Clarkson flip that Renault Twingo? :blink:

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Flip it? he destroyed it! lol 37mph is the optimum speed though. :)

3. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

I was just expecting him to land it on it's roof, but he actually did it :wtf:

The proceeded to wreck the poor thing

I bet Renault weren't very happy :sadlike:

4. unkle

unkle Beer God

Not a bad little car, the last Twingo was awful, horrible little student car...

(no offence to students) :)

5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

A car for horrible little students?

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I was thinking about it, assuming they bought it for say 12k, and did wreck it. Its still probably cheaper than sending the 3 of them to somewhere sunny in supercars, with helicopters etc.

Ross kemp.... Casualty at war.lol

7. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

Exactly, with the budget that Top Gear has, writing off a small hatchback is peanuts.

Was surprisingly funny for TG though.

8. unkle

unkle Beer God

They did rate the car quite highly and had a lot of fun in it, I was quite impressed by its performance and looks.

I bet Renault did them a good deal on it, maybe even possibly gave them one for nowt...

Ross Kemp in the boot though was priceless. :)

9. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

It was so not clarkson driving it, either in the tunnel or in the scene ripping around in the docks, whoever was driving was good though, i dont know many people who can 4 wheel drift a small FWD hatch!

Also with regard to the car being written off, notice how it was a 58 plate but the cup version of the car only just came out this month? It must have been a Renault pre production car so would never be sold to the public an in effect, worthless.

10. V6Pete

V6Pete Now running on Bentley's y'all

Gotcha, that makes sense. The car would have been scrapped anyway, so why not entertain us a bit before smashing it up?

11. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Who cares, free or 15k, it was great entertainment to me, and possibly more meaningfull than 3 guys cocking about with supercars.

I do have to say, i want one of the RangeRover screens, wicked stuff

12. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Got one. I have the RNS-e and she has a PerSP :salute: