Am i being ripped off

jay1232

Reaction score
hi guys further to my previous post http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/158186-my-wits-end-need-advice-please.html I just rang Audi to say that my thermostat was faulty that i brought less than a month ago and they are saying they arnt like normal returns you have to book it in for a check at £130 if it isnt the thermostat you pay the £130 ***.... and i have to leave the car with em all day is this right.... id rather take it back out was fitted last weekend and take the stat back then ask them to check it but no i gotto take car next thursday just wanna know ur verdict audi dealer at Derby
thankyou again in advance :)

If your 110% it's the stat then I'd let them have it. Get a courtesy car, save some miles and have them change the stat instead of you. For free.

Horrible job anyway lol

Reactions: JA50N
thats the way they work on some returns
if its not the stat you will have to pay
id just buy a new 1 and change it over to be on the safe side
you never know what they can get upto

well temp gets upto 90 on dials stays there and the pipe at top of my A3 18.t (2001) is hot so is the bottle but the pipe coming from the Stat to bottom of rad is cold unless driven for a few hrs then the pipe from stat is kinda warm but is cold at bottom were it reaches rad again ....... had same prob 2 month ago but brought a £6 stat and it was faulty cost me a new rad and water dis housing also replaced all sensors on water side and still get warm to cold air inside car warm lasts for a min then drops even on hi
thankyou for your help :)