Am I a big kid?!!......

jaypers777

Reaction score
Audi A5 S Line of some sort (very nice) sees me in his mirror and decided to give it some. Just for the sport, decided to stick with him like glue. No effort on my part but suspect he was giving it some. Made me smile a lot. Sad or what?

Reactions: Madmo
Audi A5 S Line of some sort (very nice) sees me in his mirror and decided to give it some. Just for the sport, decided to stick with him like glue. No effort on my part but suspect he was giving it some. Made me smile a lot. Sad or what?
No not at all has to be done sometimes I guess.

You'll get told off by the high speed is dangerous brigade ..... :p

Reactions: Simon L, JohnM100, Steph67 and 2 others
well in, but a easy way of getting them dreaded stone chips,l believe they are black on a white car

Should have added....I'm not a habitual kid. Think the fact that it was another smart Audi prompted me.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Should have added....I'm not a habitual kid. Think the fact that it was another smart Audi prompted me.

That URGE happens to everyone, its just when your older it happens less, then after we think more of it.

Reactions: Simon L, Nikon and jaypers777
I'm just uploading, so may take a few to become live and hi-res.... yesterday on the M3....

(yes I may sing-along-sometimes..... euurrrgh!)

[the jump in the vid is not intentional, but in the right place, it's just a recording error]

.... and before you say I'm hogging the center lane, I could see my rear view mirror!

Reactions: voorhees
Nice tunes lol

Reactions: voorhees
I'm all for a bit of safe cat and mouse with something similar to the S3.

However i take great amusement from overtaking chav's in Corsa's and the likes that are hooning about.

I always completely back off if the other driver starts making dangerous manoeuvres.

Is it still classed as winning if the other driver doesn't know they're in a race?:smirk:

Reactions: steeve, elpaulio and Foxtrot_Oscar
Very well said and couldn't agree more. This was a situation with another driver who was clearly sensible and giving the beans at appropriate times. Think this was for my benefit and I was just keeping equal distance behind him......and also being sensible there was sufficient distance. Only silly thing was that we might have crept over the speed limit at times!!!!

I find it a bit infantile, but then again at times I am still a big kid.

I would only do it to someone who totally deserved it, such as the complete **** I encountered when driving through chav central (Croydon) a few weeks back. He was in a BMW 318 coupe with a ridiculous bodykit on it, obviously showing off to his girlfriend. He tailgated me for about 2 miles, before pulling in to the outside lane at some lights, then proceeded to rev his engine for all it was worth. Anyway, I decided to unleash the full force of the V8 on his *** for about 3 seconds, and he was a speck in the rear view mirror.

Reactions: Scottyg
I'm getting picked on a lot by Fiesta ST's but I really can't compete :grumpy:

Reactions: Tony1982 and Foxtrot_Oscar
Is it still classed as winning if the other driver doesn't know they're in a race?:smirk:
I find not taking any notice of their Corsa or whatever trying to get in my boot and stick to the speed limit. I think it annoys them more that you don't rise to their baiting. I enjoy that more. However, sometimes I'll stick to 30/50 limit and as soon as the nationals appear I blat it to get well ahead, leaving them struggling to get anywhere close and then back to sensible. They usually get the message and faff off to annoy someone else. I have to say that even though it is stealthy most of the time with the general public, it does attract the boy racer numpties.

Reactions: GRE57Y, JordanQuattro and jaypers777
To the O.P. 's title: I think we are all big kids when it
comes to our cars. Nothing
wrong with that at all. Once
you can"t enjoy anything,
What's the point! ENJOY!

Reactions: Scottyg and jaypers777
I'm getting picked on a lot by Fiesta ST's but I really can't compete :grumpy:

A new shiny Orange Focus ST has appeared in the car park this week....I can' wait to park my S3 next to his when it arrives in 6 weeks

A new shiny Orange Focus ST has appeared in the car park this week....I can' wait to park my S3 next to his when it arrives in 6 weeks

Its called "Tangerine Scream" a "marmite paint colour",and you better not ask him for a race, down a B road though...lol

Reactions: Daveotto
I used to enjoy the odd but of hoonery in my 8P, and that shall continue in my new 8V although it's definitely a more visually striking car in Glacier. Only Sunday, I popped out to get some stuff for the garden in my 8P, coming off a roundabout onto some dual carriageway I was outside an A4 TDi, whose owner decided to try to pull away from me. I couldn't lose face so on an empty 2-mile stretch I made sure I wasted him, then sedately popped off to B&Q for my compost!

I'm just uploading, so may take a few to become live and hi-res.... yesterday on the M3....

[the jump in the vid is not intentional, but in the right place, it's just a recording error]

.... and before you say I'm hogging the center lane, I could see my rear view mirror!

Nice. Can't beat a bit of speed and Plan B

You were on my home stretch of the M3 there. I tramp up and down that bit frequently.

There's only so much tail gateing you can take,had a Fiesta st new shape bumper humper behind me for 5 miles in traffic on the A120 tonight,once the the traffic cleared,had to leave him sitting in lane 2 on his own!lol

Reactions: GRE57Y
Just be careful.................................................:nogarors4:

Thought of this thread just before!

Minding my own business and just as the lights were about to change I looked in my rearview mirror to see a Vauxhall Meriva that had been sitting behind me now pulling out as if he was going to pass me going through the lights!!! Don't know what he was thinking...I put my foot down to show him who the daddy was :D lol (Video ends/cuts to next clip but I levelled off once I hit 40....mobile cameras zone :))

We are all kids at heart why else did we buy such a power house??? :p

Looking at the vid I noticed nice reflections in the bonnet ;) The squeak noise is a pack of bottled water rubbing together :)

If that's the case, why doesn't everyone drive low power Eco cars that are restricted? Come on, there's no point having a car like an S3 or equivalent if you don't get to play with it occasionally.

Reactions: steeve, Simon L and Nikon
I find this all very very childish...........................and can't wait to join in ;)

Reactions: batch, Daveotto and monopole

Hahaha smoked.

I knew that was the M3 as soon as I seen those roadworks they are setting up, already loads up near M25 junction! I'll think of this next time I drive along there :p

:iagree:I'm very guilty of this.. Guess I'm a bit of a boy racer

Actually, this does remind me of something. My 8V is no S3, but a guy in a mercedes was next to me at the lights, we were waiting to join the A43 and he absolutely gunned it off, I forget which Merc it was, but it was something like a B class, it still went off quite fast, by which time I was in 2nd gear, and had pulled off completely normal, me and my mate looked at each other, he said "you're not going to take that are you?" to which I put my foot down and within seconds completely shot past him, I looked and I was doing 80 - i'm so impressed with this engine, my mate can't get round that it's only a 1.4, neither can I!

Reactions: jaypers777, batch and Blackwhite

The A303/M3 Junction is 15 minutes from my house. I've seen the oik in the Seat before along the M3 and he has undertaken me and goaded me before. A complete tw@t!

You'll not be getting past this Golf ..... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite
In answer to the Op's question - 'Am I a big kid?!!......'

Yes you are & I'll be doing the same at every opportunity I can! LOL

Reactions: Simon L