1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium Window Trim

Lynas Feb 6, 2006

1. Lynas

Lynas Member

Does anybody know how much this costs for both sides of the car and where I can get it from / how easy to fit?

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

its not easy to fit, and it costs a lot. You have to dismantle all the doors and I wouldnt bother if I were you!..

3. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    its not easy to fit, and it costs a lot. You have to dismantle all the doors and I wouldnt bother if I were you!..

[/ QUOTE ]

As discussed HERE.......................

It's a shame people don't spec it - it was only a £120 option on my S-Line and worth every penny!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. Lynas

Lynas Member

Cheers lads / lasses.

DOn't think I'll bother!!!!

5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Nice 1 bub!

6. Mikebabs1

Mikebabs1 Member

I agree with Bub, I think it makes a big difference to the look of the car. Quite how much depends on the colour obviously, but on my denim blue - when it's clean - it looks great.

I have to be honest though that when I was looking at buying my A4 it wasn't something that even crossed my mind. Fortunately the car I bought had them fitted and it wasn't until afterwards when I saw other A4's without them that I realised what a difference it made. If I was to buy new, I'd definitely pay the extra to have them fitted.

7. chazzy

chazzy Member

Same story here, denim blue avant, the ally trim really sets off the ally roof rails. There's a black vanat with the ally trim nearby, looks v nice too. I think the extra windows on the avant make it a better option (IMHO) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chas

8. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

I think they really set the car off - I agree about them looking better on the Avant too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

9. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

My dolphin a4 doesnt have them, and I have carried the idea on by fitting an S4 non chrome grille and lower grill.
    I think it looks great and used to be a cost option to have all black trims!...
    (My moro blue s4 has 'bling' and that looks good also.)

(I will dig a pic out!)

10. Lynas

Lynas Member

I think maybe a trip to a scrap yard is order...

Cheers guys